1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning software advice

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Redlynn, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

Hi I'm new here and in fear of getting shot down after reading one of the threads I ask my question with a bit of trepidation. I have been and looked at the guides but I am sorry but I am at a loss as to which ones I am needing to read. I bought a video camera in November 2005 the first time I 'captured' the video, I did it with Moviemaker but quickly realised that is no good to give to anyone who wants to play it in their DVD player as it didn't play. I downloaded a trial of Nero 7 as I have been burning CDs for years with Nero 5.5 with no problem. I found Nero 7 quite complicated and I wasn't very successful. There was a verson of Nero that came with the Video camera but that didn't do authoring apparently and the guys at Nero told me I needed to purchase software that did authoring. I want to be able to capture the video, edit it and burn to a dvd. I would like to purchase software that is simple to use so that I can get used to the techniques, have some results and then hopefully move on to better things. I don't want to walk before I can run. I am willing to read any tutorials etc just need to find the right information

2. falonga

falonga Regular member

i think i will lend a helping hand, seen as no one else has jumped on the band wagon yet.

right few questions for you,
    the captured video you have, is it on your computer?
    i ask this because i saw the mention of video camera, and got confused.
    also how do you wish to edit the video? i.e. clip bits off? split in to two different files? etc etc?

if you have the captured video on your computer, and you have edited it how you wish to be burnt to disc. i suggest then downloading VSO ConvertXtoDVD. the trail version has a watermark, but purchasing is advisable as its great software! this program will convert your video clips into DVD compliant files, and then burn it to DVD disc for you. which is obviously playable on your home, standalone DVD player.

hope ive been of some help to you, please answer the questions. and i can further help you if need be

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Pinnacle 10 you can do anything you want to your home movies edit transions music crop bun to a dvd disc etc. etc.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Thats weird, Nero Vision can do all of that. maybe the version u have doesn't have Vision, BUT

I would also suggest ConvertXtoDVD as far as converting files to be dvd compliant, becuz IMO it is a more stable program than Nero vision, don't get me wrong nero vision is good but not as good as far as working all the time.

5. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

6. falonga

falonga Regular member

Redlynn:
    thats quite possible, i personally searched for quite some time, for a tool that could cut video quickly and keep sync in check and its the only one i use, heres the link:
    http://www.brizsoft.com/avisplit/
    Its called AVI splitter, and the purchase price is $20.00

that plus the purchase price of convertXtoDVD ($40.00) makes a not so hefty price tag, especially if you plan to do more projects in the future? by the way, heres a link to convertXtodvd, here

any more questions feel free to ask

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Nero dose not have all the the great extras that Pinnacle 10 has I have both and have used both Nero sucks, comparied to Pinnacle for home movies Nero trys to do everything as where Pinnacle 10 only dose the home movie stuff, they are far more geared just for the one thing and not a do it all program (just my 2 cents)