1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning Software Multi-tasking

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Astronaut, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Astronaut

Astronaut Member

Which of the DVD burning software that are discussed on this forum is the best for use on home movies and TV programs? I want to take the old VHS movies that I have moved onto my hard drive and burn them to DVD. Plus, I have Windows XP Media Edition and would like to burn recorded programs to DVD.

So, backing-up my DVDs and burning multi-media with one software would be ideal. I'm looking for DVD beatification or at least menu options. Is CloneDVD, Nero, Sonic DVD, XCopy, Pinnacle Studio, or any other best? Free is of course preferred, but only if comparable to the paid-for options.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Home movies, would probably go for pinnacle studio 8 (nine coming out in a few months) as is easy to use but can be a bit buggy on certain setups, for stuff of the tv it depends what format you have captured in, backing up dvds dvd-decrypter,shrink (free), clonedvd, dvd2one(pay) burning software nero/recordnow though in the new shrink you can link nero to it, All in one jobbie after using de-crypter i have been impressed with clonedvd. Also whats the media centre like, its ruffled my feathers, Though not the price at moment.