1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dsn, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Dsn

Dsn Member

Ok... i have tried Roxio.. No Good!!!
    i have also tried Nero.. and for some reason.. it keeps telling me to put in a Blank DVD.. which i have.. i tried several.. unopened DVDs..
    so my question is.. what other writing programs are there...
    i use DVDShrink to get the files ready...
    the next step is putting the files on a DVD...
    what can i use to write the files.. other than Roxio or Nero...

Thanks..
    David

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Get rid of anything to do with Roxio on your system - it's a crap program and loves to screw up other burning software. Then try reinstalling Nero and go from there.

Nero is good software and worth another shot. RecordNow DX from Orlogix is a great one too.

3. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hey dsn,
    follow the advice given by nephilim.....as far as I'm concerned (and alot of folks around here) shrink and nero are a marriage made in heaven.

good luck

4. daba

daba Guest

The latest DVD Shrink (3.1.7) can save the "shrunk" files as an ISO image that you can then burn with DVD Decrypter. But Nero is a good program that never disappointed me.

5. DrEvil

DrEvil Member

My question is what do you need NERO for when DVD Shrink will also burn your DVD backups for you?

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DrEvil, DVDShrink CAN NOT burn a dvd without being used with a burn engine like NERO, Decrypter, or Recordnow Max. It is a ripper, decrypter and compressor. Not a burner.

Jerry