1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNING SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pa104inf, Jun 21, 2004.

1. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I own NERO, DVD XCOPY PLATINUM, and CLONEDVD and was wondering if there is any burning software that does not require administration privileges on WINDOWS 2000 to load. I am thinking about buying an external burner but I have the problem that our administrator has set the privileges so we can't load anything into WINDOWS SYSTEM and after talking to him this morning he would allow me to attach a burner to my machine.

2. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

THe OS priviledges will support the option to install or not.
    You'll most likely have to contact the administrator and have them install the software.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I think you can just copy the files for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and use them without actually installing. Basically you'd just need to install them on a different PC and burn their directories to a CD and then copy them to your work PC from there. If you need to burn regular data this won't do you any good, and I don't know of any general purpose burning programs that don't require using the installer, which as 321sucker said will require administrative privileges.