1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning thinks its a CD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by choachman, Feb 25, 2005.

1. choachman

choachman Guest

I can read and shrink my DVDs fine, but when it comes time to backup the DVDs using Nero or DVDdecryptor, the device buffer never gets full. I've tried two different burners in my computer, mine and my brother's, and both have the same result. I think that the DVD burner thinks the DVDs are CDs for some reason - when I load Nero it goes right to the CD menu. Any ideas on why this would happen or how to fix it? I'm totally lost now that I've tried to burners to similar results.

Also, I've just replaced my motherboard too, so I'm sure its not that. Put in a new ABIT.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It could be a lot of things, but seeing how you just put in a new motherboard did you install all the latest drivers for that board? Mainly IDE ones..

Do you have any other DVD/CD software installed if so then what? Do you have Nero InCD installed? If so get rid of it!! http://ww2.nero.com/us/InCD_Clean_Tool.html

What brand and type of DVD media are you using?
    Have you updated the firmware to your DVD writer? What is the brand/model of your DVD writer?

Sorry about all the questions but they are needed to be able to help you out :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005