1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cassieric, Mar 11, 2004.

1. cassieric

cassieric Member

I have followed all the guides from DVD shrink and burning Nero. My computer and my dvd player will not play what I have burned. I am kind of new at this, yet I have burned some with no problem. What am I doing wrong? It says that Windows media player does not support the files and it gives me a list of the ones it does support. I pretty sure I copied to compliation correctly in Nero burning. I put everything in the video file except for the empty folder that it wouldn't take. I am willing to stay up all night just to figure this out.

Thanks,
    Pulling out my hair

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

get the latest version of dvd shrink (if you don't already have it). then just let shrink burn with nero. that will rule out anything wrong you did in nero.

BTW: if you don't have the dvd decoder codec installed on your computer, it won't play dvds. Also not all standalone players play copied dvds.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2004
  3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Upgrade windows media player OR (a little work around), install a trial copy of powerdvd - windows media player will then utilise the powerdvd codec.................