1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNING

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by EKW1948, Dec 26, 2004.

1. EKW1948

EKW1948 Member

I trided to burn the movie The Mummy Returns, but it has a copy track on it and I was wandering if there was a way to get around it.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What exactly is a copy track?

3. EKW1948

EKW1948 Member

What I mean is that when I try to burn the movie it will not burn because there is some kind of block on it keeping me from burning it. I was wandering if there was anyway around it.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You must mean a copyright/encryption. This is what the movie industry puts on these to keep us from easily burning them.

Here is what you need:

dvd shrink- this does the ripping,pulls off the copyright, and reduces the larger dv-9 discs to 4.5 disc or 1 dual layer.This is free,just click the link.dvd shrink will not burn.Reducing the size through process called compression. with all the quality enhancements, It almost looks like the original. You can also remove unwanted items like menus,foreign languages, and a lot of other stuff to reduce the size.

dvd decrypter-also pulls off the copyright and is a more powerfull ripper.This also can take a dv-9 to 1 4.5 gig disc or 1 dual layer. It also has a burn engine to work with dvd shrink.

Nero 6.0 and higher- This also works with dvd shrink. With dvd shrink and nero 6, you can rip most movies.If you don't have nero 6 or higher,then you can get a free trial,just click blue link. This is what I prefer.

Quality media- don't start by using cheap discs.No memorex,generic brands,or store brand media. Maxell,fuji,sony, and tdk are ok to use. Also practice with rw's and keep the burnspeed 4x or lower to reduce errors.

There are many guides here and shows you step by step how to use each program. Once set up,it is very simple.Just click the guide tab on top of the page or visit the guide forum.

I hope this is what you meant. Good Luck and happy holidays to all of AD.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Correct me if I'm wrong Saugmon, but I don't think DVD Decrypter can compress.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

dvd shrink does the ripping and compressing, dvd decrypter does the ripping and burning,but it has to go through dvd shrink if it too large.

I don't use dvd decrypter, with nero and dvd shrink, every backup I performed has been done with these 2 programs with the exception of resident evil apocalypse.

The only thing I mentionioned on dvd decrypter was it is a more powerful ripper along with a burn engine to take off the copyright and works with dvd shrink.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

saugman is correct,

dvd shrink will remove copyright encrypyion, compress and encode. You will need dvd decryptor or nero to burn.

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I never use Decrypter. I only use DVD Shrink to rip, compress and burn in one go. No point in using two programmes when one will do.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You have to use either dvd decryptor or nero or some other burn engine as dvd shrink does not incorperate any burn utility built into its program.

10. silent85

silent85 Member

well I tried to use shrank and burn daredevil and it it kept on freezing when I try to encode it.. can anyone help with this problem??

Thanks
    Tim

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

silent85,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by freezing while encoding, but try cleaning your dvd. If that doesn't work rip the dvd with dvd decryptor and then use the open file option in shrink to complete your backup.

12. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Mort81: What are you talking about? DVD Shrink will automatically burn with Nero installed and someone I know is using it with another burning rom installed. Check in the Shrink settings and I suggest you read the user guide for DVD Shrink on this site before posting. Decrypter also needs a burning rom programme installed - it does not use it's own.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  13. kchev

kchev Regular member

Discmania,
    i think Mort81 is just saying that dvdshrink is not a burning program by itself, you have to have a burning program installed for dvdshrink "to trigger" to start burning after encoding

he is just clarifying this post because it may confuse alot of newbies thinking that shrink is the only program they need when to be honest you do actually need 2 programs installed (shrink and the burning engine)

14. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Yes, I know, but the implication is that you need to use Decrypter in order to burn, and this is not true. Decrypter is the same as Shrink - it needs a burning rom application already installed.

15. kchev

kchev Regular member

not necessarily, decrypter has its own burning engine

1. decrypt movie with decrypter
    2. shrink movie with shrink
    3. burn movie with decrypter

you can also rip movie with decrypter and then burn with decrypter if it is DVD5 movie

16. kchev

kchev Regular member

personally i use dvdshrink and nero, but you can use dvdshrink and decrypter (instead of nero)

17. miked101

miked101 Member

does anyone know of a work around for the cppm copyright/encryption

18. Discmania

Discmania Active member

DVD Decrypter will not work if you have no burning rom application seperately installed. It does not contain it's own burning software - a popular misconception. If you uninstall your burning rom Decrypter will not burn anything.

Miked101: either Decrpter or Shrink will remove the macrovision which is the same thing as copyright/encryption.

19. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thats exactly what I said. Dvd shrink must have a burn utility installed to burn the image. It can not do it by its self. I never specified which one, but it does require another program. You made it sound like dvd shrink would work if it was the only program installed eg: dvd x copy (which does incorperate its own burn engine and requires no other program).

20. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Forgive me but that is not what you said, quote:-
    "You have to use either dvd decryptor or Nero or some other burn engine as DVD Shrink does not incorperate any burn utility built into its program".

Firstly DVD Decrypter is not a burn engine and Shrink does incorporate atleast Nero (seperately) into it's programme. I was not at all trying to make it sound as though Shrink burns on it's own accord - quite the reverse in fact, by trying to clear up some popular misconceptions.