1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nick81381, May 4, 2005.

1. nick81381

nick81381 Member

im not having problems burning a dvd...but im just looking for any tips anybody can give me on the best softwares to use to compress dvd and burn them....i've used dvd shrink, or dvd decrypter with nero...im a perfectionist, and my dvd's tend to skip a bit...no major skipping, but just little glithes...i was wondering if anybody uses a particular program that deliveres solid dvd copying, or if glitches are just normal?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Try burning at a slower speed, and using 'first class' media.

Most in here would think, you've got problems :)

regards gringle

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2005
  3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

as Gringle says get decent media and try backing off dvd shrink settings to 4300 instaed of the default size as dvd shrink has problems getting size correct if you dont do deep analisis..

would tis skipping be towards the end of disc? odd occasion inbetween, but it all pionts to cheapo / fakes discs!

4. DrShunga

DrShunga Member

I'm a newby, so there's a lot of stuff that I still don't know, and right now I have a couple of questions. Can you guys tell me if the DVDs I've made using the COPY DVD feature in NERO EXPRESS are exact copies (no loss at all) of the ones used to copy them (source DVDs are unprotected DVD-5)?, and which is the most universal format (DVD-R or DVD+R) to make these copies?

5. hursty

hursty Active member

@dr shungs,its not nice to hijack someones thread,you should start one of your own,!!!

if you have done 1:1 copy,they should be the same,thats assuming you have used top quality media,
    secondly,the most common type is dvd-r,as a lot of standalone players dont read dvd+r

regards

6. nick81381

nick81381 Member

well, it's not so much really that it skips, it just has glitches...like...the picture will freeze, and then continue on within a second....it's not a great big deal, but i was checking to see if there is anyone that uses a particular program that makes a perfect copy or if it's normal to see glitches in a burnt dvd? and to answer your question, the glitches happen throughout the movie.....not at any certain point......thanks!

7. hursty

hursty Active member

take the advice given and get some decent media,thats assuming the ones you are using are cheap,
    secondly only burn at slow speeds,
    i am assumimng all this,as the info you gave is limited

8. nick81381

nick81381 Member

well, right now im using sony dvd-r's along with a sony dvd burner...i've been burning at 4x, and then a couple times at 2x to see if the outcome would be any different...maybe you could give me an idea of what the best media would be to get??

9. hursty

hursty Active member

10. chgas

chgas Guest

I use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink together. works great, no problems whatsoever.

11. chgas

chgas Guest

oh, if the dvd is dual layer, this little pause you see is called the switch. it happens when the player switches from one layer to the other.

12. nick81381

nick81381 Member

might be a dumb question, but do you use the decrypter to rip it, or to burn it.....in other words, do you use the decrypter first, then the shrink to burn, or the other way around?

13. hursty

hursty Active member

using these to app' is very easy,

dvd shrink first off has no burn engine,so it cant burn dvd's

dvd decrypter can both rip,and burn dvd's,but it cant shrink them

dvd shrink is the first option u should try,then burn with dvd decrypter

the only time u should use dvd decrypter first,is when dvd shrink cant get by the copyright protection on the dvd,in which case.......
    rip with dvd decrypter> shrink it with dvd shrink >then burn with dvd decrypter

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest