1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bigsnug, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

I've lost all of my burning programs when my computer did a belly up on me. Any help out there? i went uner janrocks for ripit4me and then i just had problems and dont know what to do next.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

whats the problem?

3. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

i was originally using the all in one rip it for me and my computer crashed and i've had to reformat everything. when i came back to download the aio installer it wasn't available. i think i've downloaded some of the correct programs...dvddecrypter, dvd shrink, ripit4me but the FIXvts or whatever it is doesn't seem to be working. i've had to download them all separately. but pretty much i'm just trying to find a way to burn dvds. any ideas?

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  5. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

I downloaded the items but for the fixvts i dont understand what to do?

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

If you DL the newest version 1.7.0.1
    then there is no path you have to set for FixVTS, it is already in the RipIT4me program, after the rip just always remember to run the vob clean up.

see the pic.
    [​IMG]

7. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

THe programs I had before came from the all in one installer and when I pushed the 1-click button on ripit4me it took me all the way through dvddecrypter, fixvts, then analyzed in dvdshrink, and left us at the main dvd shrink screen. Since the all in one installer is no longer working I downloaded everything individually from jansrock's links. I downloaded the newest versions of ripit4me dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and was able to make it through the ripit4me processes. It finishes and then doesn't take me into dvd shrink. I tried going into dvd shrink and picking up from there but I can't find where the file from the dvddecrypter went. A popup box does come up saying they were moved to a different place but when i try finding that on my computer, it's like it doesn't exist.

I don't know if this would be any help, but the instructions I'm following I found on this website, it's a pdf guide called "Backup your DVD w/RipIt4Me using the AIO installer
    By PacMan777" So even though I don't have the aio installer, I'm still trying to follow those basic instructions.

Also, the dvd shrink I just downloaded doesn't look like the one I got through the aio installer. It's the same basic idea, but the one I have now doesn't have the colorful icons at the top.

Any ideas or suggestions you have would be great. And thanks for everything you've helped with so far.

8. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

also in dvd srink it doesn't give the option to burn with imgburn only dvd decrypter. I tried to unistall and reinstall imgburn but nothing came up any help out there?

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

[​IMG]
    The top circle is where the ripped files go,
    the bottom circle is where you set the path for dvd shrink,
    all you have to do is click the button(square with dot in it) then find where dvdshrink.exe file is and select it.

yes, you need a different version of shrink for that, although it looks like that DL of that version of shrink was taking away,
    however you can trick shrink into thinking that IMGburn is decrypter.
    there is a guide but i cant find it right now

10. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

Thank you 4 your help!

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

bigsnug
    If you're going to use the guide, you have to have the program set up properly. RI4M is a macro, so the settings for the programs it controls have to be selected. Note the option to run Shrink after the Rip. It has to be selected. Note all the settings I have checked and unchecked. This setup works perfect in the 1-Click mode for a Full DVD rip. If you want to rip movie or movie only, you can change that in the Step 1 window when you open the 1-Click Mode.

[​IMG]

Just a note, the original version of Shrink 3.2 supported DVD Decrypter burner ware for burning ISO. It takes the revised version or some file swapping to get ImgBurn as the supported ISO burner.

Last time I checked the download for the Shrink version that supported Imgburn was
    Here. When I checked it last it wasn't the Shrink installer, but the exe that needs to be copied into the Shrink program folder to replace the original.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007