1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joecar, Jul 3, 2007.

1. joecar

joecar Member

I have a question for everyone, is ripit4me still a active program, I am trying to make copys of some of my new favorite dvd's and I am haveing a problem with the protection built into it. DVD shrink will not do it nor will dvd clone which is a pay program does not work, have to get my money back on that one. Which programs are the best either pay or free lets start with free and then go to pay. I need help and love movies tell me what is the best and what is discontinued.
    Thank you
    Joe

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Try DVDFab HD Decrypter. It's free.

3. joecar

joecar Member

I have that program and it would not copy Pursuit of Happyness on to my hard drive it would only download 30% and fail. What do you think,

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

joecar ,
    That movie was not that hard to do and yes AnyDVD, DVDFAB HD Decrypter or Ripit4Me can rip the movie to the HD. You might have either a bad mastering press or CRC errors on the disk. You need to get another copy and try that.

Just use DVDFAB HD Decrypter as the ripper as it is free and either use DVDShrink(free) or any other copying program that you so desire to use

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Joe, clonedvd was never meant to remove encryption. In order for it to work you need anydvd to remove the protections.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@joecar

I'm with car.mike.
    I think at 30% out from center of the disc there is a smudge and or fingerprint or defect, especially if it hangs at the same 30%. Check and clean the the disc. DVD Fab can do this movie.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You asked about RipIt4Me being supported. It isn't. However, it still does most, if not all of the latest DVDs. So far I've not encountered a DVD where it wouldn't bypass the copy protection.

I agree with Car.Mike and Garmoon. Pursuit of Happiness is an easy DVD for most of the top decryption programs. Like Garmoon said, it sounds like you have a problem with the disc, especially with it stopping at the same spot each time. You can run a read scan to see if you have bad sectors causing the problem. As mentioned, smudges, scratches, or a bad press can cause the problem. If the DVD plays well, I'd suspect a faulty press. I've had a few movies that would play, but not record due to bad sectors from a faulty press.