1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sont, Sep 16, 2007.

1. sont

sont Member

ive been using verbatim 16x and been burning them at 4x and 8x but they seem to be skipping in places does anyone know what the best speed is for best quality or why it could be skipping

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Depending on your burner you should be able to burn those discs with success anywhere between 4X and 12X.

What program are you using to burn with? Can you post a burn log? Does the movie require high compression?

3. sont

sont Member

im using convertx to dvd ive just tried in another dvd player doesnt seem to skip but another problem ive had is picture quality not being good and they are dvdrips that ive downloaded shouldnt the quality be perfect from a dvdrip

4. LOCOENG

I've had no problems with DVD rips and I use ConvertXtoDVD as well. Did you view the movie before and after using ConvertXtoDVD before burning to DVD?

5. sont

sont Member

no but i looked at the quality on computer after i burned u can notice picture not perfect but its harder to notice on computer cos smaller screen what dvds dou use and what speed do u run them at

6. LOCOENG

I use Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden burned at the rated speed of the blank, but usually not exceeding 12X.