1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burnner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by TDY, Jan 8, 2005.

1. TDY

TDY Member

A friend installed a dual format dvd 8x DVD burnner,don't know what kind but he bought it at Fry's Electronics a brand I never heard of ,Chinese I believe.When he tried to burn blank dvd disc's he was only able to burn + not - or RW-/+.I told him to go to the manufactures website and see if they have a update flash for his drive.He did find one and was told by the tech at the company that was the right one.Well he installed the flash update and he said the install went ok,untill he tried to burn and now he can not burn anything +,-,+/- rw but it can read a movie or a finished DVD disc.Is it possible that he could of fried the components in the DVD burnner ?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

could have just got a bad factory drive. I would have returned it before I flashed it.

3. TDY

TDY Member

He was going to return it back to Fry's but lost the reciept and they are pretty picky there on returns,but he sent it back to the company's US office in Nth. Ca. and they will send him a new one...