1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD cannot play in PC

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Scruff1, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Scruff1

Scruff1 Member

Hello I am new to this thread. Got a new problem i haven't run into before. I got a DVD I rented from Netflix called Dragonball Z Super Saiyan Goku. I do alot of watching movies on my laptop on the go have never had problems. Well this DVD Simply cannot read in my computer. I took it home tried it in my Home PC it would not work there either. I then tried it in my Home DVD player and it plays like a charm. Tried it in another DVD player and it plays fine there as well.

The DVD Looks just fine no scratches or fingerprints. I have even used Turtle Wax on the DVD and windex to clean it of any possible scratches. it still fails in the pc drives. I have even upgraded my firmware on my DVD Burner on my home pc tried on it again and it does not read it - it acts as if no disc is inserted at all. after about blinking and spinning about 30 seconds the drive stops blinking and spinning and acts as tho no disk is in the drive.

I have put good dvd's in my pcs to test to ensure the drives are working and yes they play fine.

I even have gone far enough to report the disc damaged by netflix received another one and it is doing the same thing. I am really puzzled by this any ideas would be appreciated.

2. hades7

hades7 Member

I have the exact same problem and can't figure it out. All the DVD's that I bought play fine in my PC, but not Netflix DVDs. It's driving me nuts.