1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD can't get past Chapter 5

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by greg0226, Jan 30, 2003.

1. greg0226

greg0226 Member

I am having troubling getting past Chapter 5 on my DVD. No matter how I try to get past it, it will just stop the DVD (fast forwarding, playing the movie, and trying to advance chapters on the remote). I cannot figure out why it is stopping.

I used TMPGEnc to encode my movie to a m2v file and I have a ac3 audio file and so I brought them into DVD Maestro with no warnings and I made a basic menu and it plays fine until that one point and it just stops the DVD.

Does anyone think this might have to do with the bitrate of the movie? I TMPGEnc set to CQ_VBR with the max at 6000. I am just looking for any reason why this would happen. Everything is working fine except for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Greg

2. greg0226

greg0226 Member

Can anyone please help me? I am stuck. Thanks

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Firstly, I do not re-encode now that I have dvd2one and also not maestro either but as no one has responded to ur thread I thought I would.

1.Has ur compilation got more than 5 chapters?
    2.Chapter lengths r normally between 5-10 mins, r your chapter points set outside these?

I ask no.2 cos I have been putting vcd's onto dvd with MYDVD software which is a little basic when it comes to authoring and I had the same problem with chapter points and I had to reduce the size of each chapter!!!

Also is it a compilation or backup of an owned movie?

Thinking about it have u got ifoedit v0.95, if u have then try and remuxing/authoring ur m2v and ac3 files within this software, then once it is in ifo/vob format then play it in the dvd player within the program, this should highlight if there is a problem with ur re-encode or burn?
    Probably a long way round but every little helps.

I dont know whether this helps you or not but thought I would give u some suggestions.

Also ifoedit is available free at www.doom9.net.

4. greg0226

greg0226 Member

baabaa thanks for the reply. I should have specified that my original movie came from one AVI file so I had to re-encode it so I could get it in DVD compliant format.

My DVD compilation had like 13 chapters and I think they were sometimes like 15 minutes apart. I thought that was part of the problem so I took out the chapters completely and it still stops when I get to that one point.

I think I will try your idea about ifoedit because I am really at the last straw before I give up.

Thanks for responding. Out of 5 posts on this board you are the 2nd to actually reply back.

Greg