1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD case printing

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by boogerfac, Oct 17, 2004.

1. boogerfac

boogerfac Member

Hi, heres the deal I have a HP1115 Photosmart print and NO MATTER WHAT program I use I CANNOT get a DVD case to print out properly, It is always cut off at one end or the other or even both:( Ive tryed Nero cover designer, UndercoverXP, DVD and Cd Cover print. I dont know whats wrong If fiddled with every option in every menu:)and I still cant get it, It's like "margins" are set too high and it prints but it gets cut off at the last centimeter or half an inch :.( please help me or reccomend a program or a new printer or something:)

2. bob_m

bob_m Member

DVD covers need to be printed/copied onto A4 or US Legal Paper.
    US printers have built in margins that do not allow for DVD covers to fit. (Probably by design so we CAN'T within the US).
    I'm not sure about "borderless" photo printers.

I typically use CoverXP (program) and plain Legal Paper. Once inside a standard DVD case they quality is quite good.

3. Videopro1

Videopro1 Guest

boogerfac, I had the same problem using surething labeler when printing DVD cases. The default setting started printing about 1" from the top of the page & by the time the entire case prints out, the bottom (or side) got cut off. I had to go into file, page setup & changed the default setting of the top margin. I'm not familiar with the programs you are using & I am using an epson photo printer, but I'm sure there has to be a setting similar in what you have.

4. boogerfac

boogerfac Member

I live in Canada(if that helps) and Im printing on paper 8.5 inches by 11. Ill try that program your using and keep people updated:)

5. davelarge

davelarge Guest

6. slider78

slider78 Member

I had the same problem starting out...waisted alot of ink until realizing it was no use messing with the print settings. Started using standard A4 paper with print settings set at best quality at the lowest ink setting. I use photoshop to adjust covers to 10.8" x 7.25" and havent had a problem since. The nice thing about using a photo program it that if the pic isnt the right size it doesnt just stretch/shrink the picture, it will increase/decrease the resolution accordingly.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Nero Cover Designer > New Document > Insert tab [change to *Neato DVD case A4* from paper type drop down box at top] .... right click 'insert image'

Bob's your uncle , Fanny's your aunt :)

8. boogerfac

boogerfac Member

So your saying that i have to ude A4 paper NO MATTER WHAT?:)

9. herbsman

well a DVD cover does take up most of page ... you'll not be getting anything else on there anyway (dont see the problem w/ using A4 myself)

10. boogerfac

boogerfac Member

yea, but the problem is, is that I live in Canada and getting A4 paper is very hard to come by:( I dont even know where to get it:( Also I was thinking of getting a new printer (need on anyway mines very slow) any suggestions about boarderless printing or will boarderless printing solve my problem?Remember I need a new printer anyway;)

11. herbsman

To be totally honest I only use an old Epson 580 (on high quality setting sometimes , takes ages but gives good image print).
    And you should be able to find reams of A4 at any local office suppliers...

12. boogerfac

boogerfac Member

YA! Okay I got a new printer, Canon pixma
    IP3000, wow very fast and very nice quality:)
    Any way I just buggerd around with the setting in photoshop and I got the right image size:) theres only one thing that I have to complain about, its just 1 mm too short oh well, at least I can print them off in like 50 seconds:)
    Thanks for your help:) !!!:):):)):!!!!!:):):):):)
    See ya around:)