1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cases

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by XeroRspct, Mar 11, 2005.

1. XeroRspct

XeroRspct Member

Hey All-

Just backed up my first DVD (RAY) using the 4x DVD-R TY Discs from Meritline. Went off without a hitch! Very pleased with the support/recommendations from all on this site! I have read the few threads concerning DVD Cases and where to buy them, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions with actual experience in the cases they have purchased. After reading some reviews at supermediastore.com on the 100 packs they have for $27 (free shipping), it seems as though the cases aren't the greatest out there (plastic insert is dirty and not attached well, etc.). The deal sounds great, I was just curious as to if anyone has found any "store bought" quality DVD cases for a decent price online!? I looked on Ebay, but those looked quite cheap. Any recommendations/help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I apologize if this happens to be in the wrong forum for this thread, wasn't sure where to place it!

Thanks All,
    Xero

2. hugabone

hugabone Member

3. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

4. kchev

kchev Regular member

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Dear XeroRspct- I hope this maybe of help to you ! I can tell you that SAMS CLUB has the Verbatim DVD Video trim cases for About $6.42 for 25 I have used these cases and found them excellent ! The price maybe higher or lower were youlive also the online price mightbe higher as well . I have no connection to either SAMSClub or VERBATIM . These cases maybe a little pricey but if you're only doing a few movies at a time it balances out ! additionally someone else may know of a online source for these at a better price but till then they work for me this way -peace

6. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Out of 40 blank DVD-R's I now own (was 42 but I burned those already) 15 are stored in slimline CDR cases the rest (including the 2 I burned) are in the full size jewel cases they came in.

Yes I'm interested in putting them in the proper DVD cases but I haven't looked for any (online) yet.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

DEAR BRATCHER - Thank you for your reply I was'nt talking about the slimline cd jewel cases but the slim soft plastic dvd cases from verbatim . I suppose one uses what one has! but for durability , protection , and ease of labeling you just can't beat a full size or slim dvd case - I recommened verbatim simply because they are the ones I have experience with but you can find similar cases online . As for there quality having not usesd them yet I cannot say . thank you my friend and peace

8. madgreek

madgreek Guest

shop4tech.com is real cheap

9. bf007

bf007 Member

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I'm trying to transfer all of my DVDs into slim cases to save shelf space.

Standard DVD cases are 1/2" thick and 5 3/8" wide.
    Slim DVD cases are 1/4" thick, but still 5 3/8" wide.

To fit a standard sleeve insert into a slim case, I usually just fold or trim the edges, but this doesn't always work. If the text or artwork goes all the way to the edges, or if the title on the spine is printed in large letters, I have to scan the sleeve, alter it with photoshop, then print a new one custom sized for a slim case.

It occurred to me that I wouldn't have to go to so much trouble if I could find slim cases that were 1/8" wider across the front (1/8" front AND back = 1/4" total).

The ideal slim case would be 1/4" thick, and 5 1/2" wide. Slightly wider than that would be OK, as long as they're still slim. Has anyone ever seen DVD cases like this, and if so where can I get them?

10. kchev

kchev Regular member

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

bf007- Undercover XP is the program KCHEV mentioned and it works excellently for slimline dvd cases ! the 7mm format works about right for VERBATIM SLIMLINE DVD CASES ! which you can buy @ Samsclub . Supermediastore.com also has similar cases but I have'nt used their's yet so I cannot verify their quality ! Although Supermedia store are a good company to deal with ! hope I was of some help ! Peace & happy Burning!

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I just bought a pair of 250 disc cases (the ones with pages) from Caselogic for my Data DVD's & CD audiodiscs which means I'm going to put 90% of my slimline & full size jewel cases up on Ebay. The DVD's I use for movies will stay in the movie like DVD cases I bought for them. Audio CD's I bought will stay in original jewel cases as they always have been,

Oh & I have a small 12 slot CD case for use (with a few audio CD;s) to go to & from my truck.

13. josephga

josephga Guest

i get all of my cases for free. when blockbuster gets their movies in on tuesdays they put them in their own cases and they save the retail cases they came out of for people who ask. they gave me 50 today..

14. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

15. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

I purchased a 25 pack of triple DVD cases on supermediastore.com. They had free shipping and were $21.75. (I do alot of back up for my season DVDs and they are usually 3 or 6 DVDs) so wanted triple to conserve space. Can let you know how they are when they come in...should be this upcoming Friday. Just PM me and start a thread asking so I don't forget and I'll let you know when they arrive.

16. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

I don't know waht you talking about SMS.com has great cases. I just bought 200 cases there. But you can always do what JVC does and dumpster dive at Blockbuster for free cases with artwork.