1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cases

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Synthetix, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

I know this has been asked before sometime back, but just wanted to know the up to date opinions. I want some good quality cases. I was reading on the Supermedia Store site, and it seems that their cases are cheapy. I found shop4tech, they look promising. I just want some feedback on where you all get your cases. Thanx!

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

actually wal-mart has the least inexpenisve ones i have found , the slimline plastic jewel cases there are 8.88 for 50. i store mine in a folder though wal-mart has thoughs to there like 24 bucks for a nice folder that holds like 256 dvd/cds

3. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

imho cases are cases.

although i wouldnt use slimline as i like to print out the covers. be aware tho that cases differ slightly in size. i have a template setup in photoshop for dvd case covers and depending on the case some covers seem to reach the edges perfectly whereas some are 4mm short each side... weird huh?

4. tomdelany

tomdelany Member

the first thing i look at when buyinf cases and anything else from an online store, is the reveiws. I myself have found a user on Ebay who will sell me 100 cases cheap whenever i need them.

the best quality is the clear cases because they are manufactured better then black. clear are also good because u see waht disc is in it without opening it.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Synthetix My Friend I can only say from my experience that the Verbatim Branded Dvd Video Trimcases are excellent ! I have used them and found them to meet my needs . They are available @ SAMSCLUB stores for $6.42 per 25 which may be a little pricey but they are cheaper there than anywhere else locally. You might also be able to find them online somewhere cheaper also! If you do please post where you found them here on afterdawn.com and perhaps I will buy them there too! hope This helps you out -Happy Burning - Peace

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Synthetix
    If you buy cases online do as tomdelany said read the reviews. While I love supermediastore and order the majority of my media there I won't buy cases because several have come cracked. Yes I could return them but it's not cost or time effective.
    I stick with Staples when they go on sale - I just buy the cheapies. They'll have sales like 100 for $9 - half are black the others different colors. I only use them when someone borrows a back up otherwise I keep my backups in a DVD/CD binder.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  7. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

If its strictly for yourself, just use a cd/DVD binder available at Wal-Mart for $16.88 and it holds 208 discs. A lot less space is taken up too.

8. kchev

kchev Regular member

www.c4component.com

they also sell on ebay. pretty good prices and excellent products. i have ordered 600 slim dvd cases from them and NOT a single one has been damaged.

9. tkboxer

tkboxer Member

10. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

Thanx for all the replies! I found an even cheaper source. I stopped by my local HOLLYWOOD USA video store. I asked the manager if they sold empty cases. He said they don't, but would sell them to me at a decent price. Well, I got an awesome deal: he said he would give them to me at .25/case, he ended up throwing a few more. 24 cases for $4.83! And they are the good quality cases. To whomever is looking for dvd cases like me, you should try this. it saves time from shipping, and you can see if the cases are in good condition right then and there! Thanx for your replies!

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

like i said wal-mart sells them for 8.88 for 50 so thats still cheaper than you got them for.

12. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

well i recomend the slim dual dvd cases availible here its 100-for like 20 bucks i think---it saves space and you can print a cover to see like in a real dvd store---

www.finodisc.com

13. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

actually its 100 for 16 dollars plus they have binders for disc for 8 dollars --i buy all my media from here its worth a look yall

www.finodisc.com