1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD/CD combo drive

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by Lysha, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Lysha

Lysha Guest

The issue with my DVD drive is that it was working fine and I tried downloading a few different ripping software products and none have worked in multiple combinations and now my DVD drive is completely not working.

I am running Windows Vista operating system and my errors are on my 6T04 adapter "the device is not working properly because the driver is not installed" and my Slimtype DVD C DS24CZP ATA device has an error code "39"

I have downloaded ICopyDVD, Nero, Shrink, AnyDVD, IMGburn, DVD43 and I couldn't burn after doing all this and now something is conflicting with my DVD burner.

Can someone help? I am so confused...

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

3. JVC

JVC Active member

AnyDVD and DVD43 do not play well together. They don't like to be on the same computer, at the same time. Uninstalling one of them may help. (I, personally, would get rid of DVD43)It may not fix the problem, but it will help in the long run.

Flyingv's suggestion was good too. Try it. Do this, to install a new driver:
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
    Good luck!

Also, some of the software you mentioned (Shrink, etc.), may not work with Vista. Not sure about that though. Vista is having a lot of compatibility problems.

4. snugent

snugent Guest

Hi,

I have a Samsung V25 laptop (cdrw/dvd sn 324f). I want to replace the combo drive with a dvdrw. How do I know what one is compatible with my laptop and whether it will fit or not?

I also want to put in more memory space as its only 30 GB, again, how do I know how much it can take and what type I need to buy?

MAny thanks,
    Sarah