1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD chapters and tilesets

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andr77, Mar 22, 2004.

1. andr77

andr77 Member

I need your advice on how to find out the content of each chapter and tileset? Fpr example, I want a backup of the film only, no extras or "behind scenes" material or anything. DVDX Copy Platinum gives a list of chapters and tilesets but which of them should I skip? DVDX Copy Platinum does not allow pre-viewing of all files ... Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Dvd shrink lets you preview everything,
    so you can choose what you want,and what you wanna dump.I dont know much about xcopy but i do know its not very well respected around this forum.Maybe you should decide to cut your losses and go with the better mousetrap,just an oppinion.If you decide to try some free software,very unlike your xcopy,dvd shrink and or dvd decrypter.comeback and we will teach you all you need to know to make this all go.
    good luck and welcome to the hood

3. movie_777

movie_777 Member

andr77,

Try a freeware program named DVDStripper. This program allows you to remove the extras and "behind the scenes" and still keep the DVD menu. It allows you to preview the chapters or tilesets and decide the ones you want to discard or keep. But if you just want the movie and no menu whatsoever then use the DVD Shrink re-author option.

4. andr77

andr77 Member

Thanks you both for responding.
    jim_dandy: I've heard about DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter - everyone's talking about them here, but just wasn't sure as to what you can actually with them. Your opinions well confirm what I suspected. I started with xcopy hoping that's all you ever need to backup DVDs because it's simple. Seems to me, though, that DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter take a decent amount amount of fooling around with copying and shrinking and compressing and whatever before you finally get what you want.
    I have to re-think this thing, but first I'll have a read through the guides.
    movie_777: DVDStripper sounds like just the right idea for what I need. I'see what it can do for me.