1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Chapters

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mafixit, Jun 3, 2003.

1. mafixit

mafixit Guest

Is it possible for me to have "chapters" on my home movie dvd's?

I currently use Roxio Movie Creator and was wondering if other programs allow you to chapter your DVDs.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Chapters are usually saved regardless of which programme you use to rip and burn or whether or not you have burnt all features including menu. When playing back just find the right button on your remote to display chapters

3. mafixit

mafixit Guest

I wanted to create chapters on my home movies. Right now when I burn a DVD from my DV camcorder it burns to only one chapter.

I was wondering if there is a movie creator program that creates chapters so I can jump to other scenes rather than fast forward through the whole DVD.

karen

4. awesomejt

awesomejt Member

I have the same problem, but with MPEG files from my PVR software. I would like to create chapters at the end of each commercial break so I can skip commercials without having to edit the MPEG file.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Check out www.sonic.com

There are a number of dvd authoring packages available which will do the trick.

I have sonics Mydvd version 3, I can import Mpeg files and build a dvd with a menu/buttons/chapters etc.

Very basic but a nice introduction to the field.

6. mafixit

mafixit Guest

This program may have come with my newer dell. I think I saw MyDVD listed under my programs. I'll have to look a bit closer.

Thanks for the tip.

Mafixit