1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner 2.40 will not burn

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by drivs, Apr 21, 2005.

1. drivs

drivs Member

To cut a very long story short. DVD Cloner worked fine on my computer and I was extrememly happy with it (despite finding out DVD shrink does the same, as I am a point & press guy and cannot work DVD shrink.) Anyway for no apparent reason I lost the the 'target' on DVD Cloner. This I eventually fixed by going to the DVD Cloner 'get supported' website & ensuring the CD drive was not being classed as a DVD drive. But I still cannot burn a DVD. I am using the same drive as the source and target, and after copying the orig. DVD ejects and I am asked to put in a blank DVD, BUT this blank DVD keeps being ejected, and I get a message saying 'failed to burn'. DVD Cloner support are trying to assist but not fixed yet. I really would appreciate any help you guys could offer as this is a great bit of software for me and I really do not want to lose it.
    Cheers.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried uninstalling the proggy and reinstall it?

3. drivs

drivs Member

yes several times. I have also installed / unistalled Nero several times (even though this is not the burning software I use) as I did read somewhere that DVD Cloner only works with Nero. But all to no avail. The only thing I have not as yet done is unistall the burning software that came with the computer.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What burning software do you have on the computer?

Is this new media or have you recorded to this media before?

5. drivs

drivs Member

I have Sonic software that came with the computer, I have also tried by loading Nero. The DVD's I am using worked fine before (as did everything else!) so am confident that it not a disc / burner compatability issue. But clearly something has changed. I hate computers when they don't do what I want.

By the way thanks very much for your replies.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK lets try this...

Uninstall all your DVD/CD writing software.

Download and install DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Now go to that first link in my signature and use the first guide there.

Let me know how it works out?

Also a few things to check about your drive.
    Make sure your drive is set to DMA mode in device manager under IDE Controller's.

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed from the manufacturers website

7. drivs

drivs Member

cheers mate will try when I get home this evening. Do not understand the bit about firmware though. Sorry I am not really up on 'computerspeak' so you'll have to humour me. Do you mean go to the burner manufactures site to see if I nee to update anything?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes you can go to your drives manufaturer's website (recommended) and go to the download section and look for firmware for your DVD/RW drive. They provide instructions on how to update your drive. :)

You could also go here http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php I would highly recommend you go to the manufacturers website.

9. drivs

drivs Member

following your instructions and I copied a DVD OK. Do you think this proves there is a prblem with DVD Cloner? Shame if that is the case as it was excellent software. (in that it was simple to use)

Many thanks for your help. Just 1 more question do I always have to use DVD decrypter then shrink and then decrypter again or will just 1 or other of the software work?

I like to keep things simple.

Thanks again

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can use Shrink by itself. Just after you click back up! select ISO image file and burn with Decrypter. You have to make sure Decrypter is set up properly first before you do it that way though. Look at the ScubaPete guide and it will explain how to do it this way. If you have a problem with a disk though then you n eed to go back to the first guide.. :)