1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD cloner 2 ver 2.32 problems

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by djmycool, Aug 18, 2004.

1. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

@djmycool,

Are you serious? I'm glad you decided to buy the program, since you first mentioned your using a cracked version ... which discussion of cracked programs is against the rules.

BTW, look at this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/92001

@Out2Late,

You can't post your e-mail address. Far right, click the icon ... it's the edit function.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Here msblack,

If you don't care for those guide thingies how about watching some TV with me and we can learn about DVD Shrink there -

Ya ready ?

Ok, let’s go over here, sit down and get comfy in front of the Big screen TV cause in just a minute or so the “Uncle ScubaPete Show” will come on the air -
    - CLICK -
    ”Brought to you this evening by AfterDawn, the “Fat chewing” champion’s location of choice - and under threats by a crazed spear waving maniac, we are forced to present Mr. Brain-Dead, direct from his extend stay at the Happy Hills Institute of the Mentally Disabled and Disturbed Souls, and here he’ll be until it’s been discovered that he’s escaped yet again from that fine facility - and here he is, live and unfortunately still disturbed, it’s Uncle ScubaPete - - - - “

[bold]Ooooohh Boy, Ooohh Boy, The ScubaPete’s so happy I could spit fish ![/bold]

Big fat finny fish !

And what’s soo great it could get Old ScubaPete (the original couch potato) excited ?

[bold]FREE STUFF that’s what, FREE STUFF ![/bold]

I know I run behind the times but this needs Shouting Out !

The new DVD Shrink version 3.2.0.15 really started it all !

(Get your DVD Shrink’s newest version here - )
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    Shrink Guide - you might want to look at this sometime -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

Yea I know, it’s been out for a while, like me, I’ve been out for a while but I just found out how truly kweel the new DVD Shrink was -

We now we can go from Soup to Nuts, with just 2 programs and they are DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter -

(Get your DVD Decrypter’s newest version here - )
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

[bold]DID you know - that after we get setup, there are only 3 clicks (It takes 4 clickie things using DVD Xcopy) to go from start to finish ? How good is that ?[/bold]

First, you should, as many of you do already, create a folder for your DVD backup before hand. This is the place on your HD where DVD Decrypter will work on your movie. Try to put it someplace where you won't forget it - i.e. C:/All DVD work/My Movie today.

Now open up DVD Decrypter - and under "Mode", select "ISO" then "Write" - under "Source" you may leave that blank as DVD Decrypter will find the location that DVD Shrink will put your ISO files in all by itself. Select your "Destination" as your Burner - and make sure that the box that says "verify" is un-ticked (This last one will cut down on DVD Decrypter errors). Do that now. OK, feel free to close DVD Decrypter now because when DVD Shrink is finished it will open DVD Decrypter all by itself.

Now you can place your original DVD in your DVD-ROM drive and a DVD blank in your burner's drive (If you have two drives). If you only have the one drive, put your original in that drive now. When the time comes for you to put in your blank in either the drive door will open OR a message will appear. As for your DVD media, after all my efforts, it had better be Ritek G04, Verbatim "DataLife", Ridata or any media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO". Other media could well be the cause errors. Only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Remember that RW discs will probably not play in standalone players. Now is defiantly not the time to put your crappy, "Look how much money I saved on these." cheap stuff in. If you don't know what I'm talking about - you better go back to reading these forum threads and seeing all the poor media complaints -.

Now go into DVD Shrink, click "Edit", then click "Preferences" on this page we're going to select "DVD Target Size" as "Custom" and set the size anywhere between "4200MB" to "4300" - we do this to make sure that we don't burn to the very edge of the disc. Then, under the "File I/O" tab [bd]un-tick[/b] "Enable burning with Nero" then click "OK". Let's do it now !

Now let's burn a DVD. Click "Open Disk" and let DVD Shrink analyze (rip) your DVD. If you wish, we can edit your movie now. To trim your movie a little, you can "un-tick" audio you don't want like the foreign audio streams, i.e. Outer Mongolian or Eastern Himalayan Yak language selections or the Director's comments. This will result in your DVD requiring less compression and a better quality picture. If you would like, as I do, to get rid of all the extras and trailers thus compressing your movie as little as possible (giving you the best quality picture), click "Re-author" then, under "Main Movie" select "Title 1" If there are more choices, look at the time and select the longest one as that is usually the main attraction. Click and drag the "Title 1" from the right-hand side of the screen to the left-hand side, under the "DVD Structure" (DVD) and release it there. Bingo, Bango, you are done editing, giving you the least compression (best quality), backup possible. Now select "Full Disc" to get ready to finish.
    If you want a total backup, that's all the things on the original disc, just let the "Automatic" (Default) settings alone. THEN when time comes, select "Backup". Take just a second and under "Target Device" go to "Select backup target " once there, select "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter". NEXT, IMPORTANT, tick "Launch DVD Decrypter to burn the output image" box. Finally, where it says "Select target image file", browse till you find your created folder for your backup and click "Save". That's it ! Click "OK" and DVD Shrink burns that ISO image to your HD. It then opens DVD Decrypter and has it burn the ISO image to your waiting blank DVD. - Believe it or not, that was as hard as it ever gets - Why is that you ask ?

Because the next time all those boxes you had to do this time are already done - "Pissshaaa," you say. "Naaah." Says I. "Tis the most honest truth !" I added. :D) "Really and truly !" I stated.

“OK, Ok, What now.” Says you. (OOOhh, Pooohh, I gotta stop this “says you, says me,) It’s wearing me fingers out) - - (Switching to regular typing mode - - clink, pop, -) - Done -

OK, time to move on (switching to the moving on mode - click, %@# rattle - snap, - #%@-Ouuuch, S@it, that hurt -, OK, I got it -CRUnch&#$ ) - - Moving on -

And I KNOW you aren’t going anywhere near that PC while it’s working cause you don’t want me a-smackin your knuckles with my Nun’s ruler do ya ? Yea, I thought not. - Screwin’ up the burn this late in the game would absolutely tick old ScubaPete off, causing me to choke on my fine finny fish dinner -

Now tell me, - - - Wasn’t that finer than frog hair ? Slicker than a southern slimy slithery sloth ? Yep, ya see there, I thought you’d say that -

Truly fine, that backup was - - “Hark, I heard a Backup Beep” - Aaauuugh, the officers in the white coats and armed with the big nets and straight jackets are here - a-backing up to my front door - nice talkin with you, this old ScubaPete just remembered he has to be somewhere, anywhere (looking for the backdoor) - -

Enjoy youse selves and your backed up DVD’s - I’ll be a-seeeein’ ya round the ‘ole Chuck wagon -

Now where are my quarters, and Where’s ol’ Paint, me trusty Horsie - - -
    Gotta go, gotta go - (jamming quarters in ole Paint’s neck)
    Get’em up Gurttie, gotta go, click, clump,
    (feedin’ in more quarters, maybe Paint’ll go faster - )
    Clippity, clippity, clippity clop -
    an we’re off – Sea Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa - -

3. msblack

msblack Member

ok i backed up my first movie with dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and i was really amazed that i did but my question is where and how do i get in to delete it/the file or movie so that it's not taking up space on my computer?

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

It is in my documents. I think that is where mine go but I leave it ripped becase my harddrive is so big.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

That was the reason you did this step - Just go back to the folder that you created and delete it :)

In case you just decided to pick and choose what part of the directions you were going to follow - I suggest that you try to remember what steps you used to get to the "Backup" window - there you'll find the last address of the file you did. You can then follow that address to delete your file -

Cheers -

6. flip218

By default, it will be placed in your local disk.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hint:

Begin the process again and when you get to the "Backup" window, the address of your last DVD will be shown there. Trace that address and then Delete :)

Cheers,

(thinkin', I just wrote that didn't I ?)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  8. flip218

Yea Pete,

We just like to:
    1) Repeat what you say
    2) Make sure your paying attention :)

PS. Congrats on Addict!!

9. cwongwh

cwongwh Member

sorry as I'm a newbie in this area..
    I read that DVD Shrink has its own decryptor ? so do I still need DVD decryptor for it to work ?
    Thanx

10. flip218

cwongwh,

No you really don't need DVD Decrypter ... If you have a seperate burnin application like Nero.

DVD Shrink will rip and compress ... will not burn(by itself)

DVD Decrypter will rip and burn ... will not compress.

You can auto burn with Nero or DVD Decrypter when using Shrink.

Hope this helps.

11. cwongwh

cwongwh Member

Hi Flip218,
    Thanks alot for clarifying.. I understand now.

12. cwongwh

cwongwh Member

hi,
    sorri.. would like to ask one more question,
    Whats the difference between burning a ISO image compare to one that has a "Video_TS" and a "Audio_TS" folder ? are they both playable on a normal dvd player ?

also is DVD-5 playable on a normal DVD player ?
    Thanx and sorri for my ignorance..

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

cwongwh,
    You can use the glossary to look up ISO, in it's folder you will have everything in one file, to be viewed it must be mounted with a program like Daemon Tools.

In a VIDEO_TS folder you will have several different files, VOB's,BUP's, etc.

Decrypter will only burn ISO files, Nero will burn VIDEO_TS files.

Both are playable on a DVD player including a DVD5(that's what you are doing all this work for, to compress a DVD9 to a DVD5).

[bold]I think that is where mine go but I leave it ripped becase my harddrive is so big. [/bold]

vans 12, I would advise removing those files, even if you have a 250g HD, when movie files can take up to 10gigs, with some programs more, it doesn't take long to fill up even the biggest HD.

14. ahtiu

ahtiu Member

Hi..
    would like to enquire how could I add a ChangeGraphic (CGP) if I only use DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter ? is that possible or I have to use something like DVDFab ?

Thanks

15. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hello ahtiu. :)

I am not familiar with the term "ChangeGraphic (CGP)".
    Could you let me know what it is?

16. ahtiu

ahtiu Member

Its the "change disc" that displayed such as asking you to insert the next disc...
    Read that DVDFab has the function on this website :-
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdfab/

just wondering any freeware such as DVDshrink could do it ?

thanks

17. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(And now a break in our regularly scheduled programming for a public service announcement)

A Note for those who might not not know -

DVDFab is just like the original DVD XCopy.

That means it will do 2 things. If you wish to backup a standard DVD-9 (>4.36GB), it will make you split it into 2 discs. If you want to keep it to a single disc you'll only be able to backup just the main movie only.

If you wish to splice a "flipper" together and keep the menu function also you can use something like Nero's recode2 OR a proggy almost made for the job, DVD2One.

All the proggys mentioned here except DVD Shrink are for $$$$ proggys.

If you're shopping for a good proggy either Nero Ultra Edition OR DVD2One are far superior to DVDFab and can do far more things then DVDFab. They all have trial versions, see for yourselves :)

and now we return the control of your TV back to you -

19. ahtiu

ahtiu Member

hi,
    Is there anyway I could burnt some video files from my muliple vcds in .dat format into one DVD so that I could play them on my DVD player, thanx

20. ahtiu

ahtiu Member

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Sick Bao Mei.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004