1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Cloner 2 wont copy Resident Evil :Apocalypse and badder santa keep gettin error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oitztrish, Jan 21, 2005.

1. oitztrish

oitztrish Member

everytime i try to copy them it says to try movie only which i tried that many times or split disk or the dvd might be unreadable but i want to copy them i was wounderin if there was anything i could do?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. oitztrish

oitztrish Member

ive looked at some of the post and they arnt really helpin they are just makin me downlad more programs that arnt workin are dont know what to do with them

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well downloading the programs that will work for this movie is the only way you are gonna be able to rip and burn it. That thread has a lot of redundant posts but the bottom line, as far as I could tell, was that there are three different ways to do this movie...

1. Vob Blanker and Shrink

2. DVD Decrypter with an imported PSL list and DVD Shrink.

3. AnyDVD beta 4.4.0.0 and your normal burning program.

I'd probably do the third method if I were you. CloneDVD works very well with AnyDVD.

Myself, I would just add the PSL list to Decrypter following the instructions at the Decrypter website and go from there.

As far as specific problems with a program just post whatever difficulty you may be having. Try to find some guides for the specific programs. All the information is out there, you just have to look for it or ask.

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

DVD Cloner II is a ripped-off version of DVD Shrink.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/92001

These new movies need a seperate ripper like DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD for DVD Shrink to work. Since that is the case DVD Cloner II would also need these separate rippers.

The difference is that DVD Shrink is free. If it needs a separate ripper, that's OK. How is the rip-off DVD Cloner II going to explain to all those people who had their money taken that it really doesn't work anymore unless they get other software.

Next they will probably steal AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter and include that in their theft to make it work!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Frank, your a little behind times there.
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0 doesn't need PSL files.
    AnyDVD 4.5.5.1 is the current version.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

One thing I noticed using decrypter, it gives the warning "unable to patch..." at the end of the rip with some of the newer encrypted movies like RE2. I clicked OK and let it finish. I didn't have any problems with the ripped files with the programs I used to do the backup, and that was with the v3.5.2.0 Decrypter.

I let AnyDVD run and rip with DVD Decrypter to have hard drive files. I've been able to record the unreadable sector encrypted movies without any problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thanks for catching it, Veblin. I've been away for a couple of weeks and the only thing I could remember was that there was a pretty big thread on the subject. I just went and reviewed it. It's sort of cluttered up and it looked like the subject had been resolved as far as I could tell. Anyhow it just goes to show how fast things change and I know I can always count on my good friends here to get me back up to speed.

Cheers,
    Frank

9. brobear

brobear Guest

As fast as the versions are changing on the decrypter software, one only needs to be gone a day to get behind.

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

AnyDVD is fast on the draw too. They updated the last crack before the encryption was out. Thats FAST.
    Hi Frank, Its been a while.

Jerry

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Jerry,
    You're right, with AnyDVD, it's been almost a version a day recently.

12. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Jerry, it has been a while!
    My trial for AnyDVD 4.4.0. expires tomorrow so I guess it has been about a month since I looked at that thread. I'm going to get all my software updated this morning. I think my Nero is getting behind as well.

13. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

ok clonedvd won't work so i'm ripping it with dvddecrypter. how should i rip it? ifo or file?

14. brobear

brobear Guest

File or ISO Read. If you want to edit, you'll want to use file.

15. DanGuy104

DanGuy104 Guest

I had the same problem with Cloner 2 on any DVD that gives you the option of widescreen or fullscreen. I had no luck finding a fix for cloner 2. I downloaded DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. It takes a bit longer but Resident Evil Apocalypse copied fine.