1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner IV help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by LetsBurn, Mar 28, 2007.

1. LetsBurn

LetsBurn Member

Hi,

I just install DVD Cloner 4 to copy DVD's and it works fine except it take me about 2 hours to read the DVD and about 2 hours to write. I am using an IBM T30 notebook with about 700MB RAM and 2Ghz processor. I have a SONY 16x Burner. Any sugestions on how I can decrease my burn time, or increase my processing speed?

Burn

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

try not to multitask, turn off any programs that you don't need, your drive might have sliped into pi mode you need to have dma enabled.

3. LetsBurn

LetsBurn Member

Forgot to mentioned that I changed all the drive to DMA mode (only one had slipped into PI mode) and it still take the takes a least two hours to read and about the same to write. I don't know whats going on! Nothing else but DVDclone is open when I'm burning.

4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

might check again to make sure you did not get back PIO mode.
    it happened to me and i had to me and i had to reinstall twice before it would stay in dma mode.

5. appwed

appwed Member

Many reasons may lead to slow copying, for example, multitask,the original discs,or even the virus in yout computer. You may also set a higher burning speed in the Advanced Mode and see whether it works.

6. Jams1

Jams1 Member

I purchase DVD Cloner IV and it did not work for me. On my DVD copies, there was a 2-3 second gap at the end of each chapter. I was on-line with support, we made every change and adjustment we could and it just did not work correctly. They have a 100% money back guarantee and it took forever to get my money back. They did not want to give me a refund until I put the Credit Card company on the case. Stay away from this piece of crap!!

7. LetsBurn

LetsBurn Member

Took a while, but I finally figured out the problem. I don't have a high speed Enhance 2.0 USB port on the laptop So, no matter what it would only burn at regular speed lol. Anyway, thanks for all you guys help. Since then, i have been noticing that DVD Cloner 4 has some skippage problem when viewing the movie as one user explains. It happens before the end of the movie, it either skips of comes to a slow crawl.

8. Jams1

Jams1 Member

I did later purchase CLONE DVD and I love it. Perfect copies so far.