1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD CLONER problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by grrman, Nov 20, 2004.

1. grrman

grrman Member

I just downloaded DVD Cloner 2 day's ago, today was the first chance I had a chance to try it out. For those of you who have this program knows you need to choose a source drive and a task drive. I have the source drive just fine, but nothing is showing up in the task drive. Both drives work, I've tested them, just for some reason it's not being found in the task section of DVD Cloner. I'm not real computer savee so if you have any advice try and be specific please. If I decide I don't like the program, do you think I could get a refund on the download?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If you can I would try to get a refund. Then get DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Hey Flip.

@grrman
    Flip has it right and Cloner is a ripoff anyway. Cloner uses the Shrink engine behind a control window. The interface may be a bit different, but you're using the same transcoding engine. If you can get your money back, do it quickly. If not, bite the bullet and get Shrink anyway, it's free and better than a lot of retail apps.

I've not heard of Shrink losing any drives.

4. grrman

grrman Member

I got a reply back from DVD Cloner yesterday. I had to remove the version I had (2.32) and install the newer version (2.35). Now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help and inputs.

5. novotel

novotel Member

You need to download Nero 6 burner software as there are compatibility problems with other burners.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

grrman
    Glad you got your problem resolved. Cloner ripped off the DVD Shrink program to incorporate into its app. So, Cloner is just a ripoff since DVD Shrink is free. Possibly there is some improvement on the interface, but the funtion is the same. Plus Shrink is free.

@novotel
    I agree that Nero is probably the easier and possibly best choice for use with Shrink. However, what are those compatibility problems you mention? I know of nothing wrong with Decrypter burning in ISO write mode and CopyToDVD with the Blindwrite isn't problematic that I know of. So, what are those problems you mentioned? BTW, those are the only apps set to burn automatically with Shrink.