1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd cloner2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Deeman, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Still can't get dvd-cloner 2.20 to work. I tried force aspi to no avail. Same dspenty error. They now have a new version of dvd-cloner on their website, version 2.30. This one would not even open. Gives me a level1.dll missing error or some crap like that. I'm glad it works for some other people but it's been a complete failure for me. I will continue to try new versions as they arrive, but for now dvd shrink and I are best friends.

2. briyam

briyam Member

thanks everyone for all the help! i burned my first 2 dvd's perfectly. to all out there using dvd cloner, just go ahead and get your refund. dvd shrink and decryptor work just fine for me.

3. ytry68

ytry68 Guest

i downloaded v2.28 of dvd cloner 2 and this new version has been working great(15 dvd so far and counting) i reccomend downloading the latest version for trouble free dvd copy.

4. briyam

briyam Member

just when i thought all was good i cant burn dvd that are over 4 gigs! with dvd shrink can someone please explain this to me? i have windows millenium with 15 gigs of free space.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

briyam,

It's because you have FAT32 file system. You'll have to create video_ts files.

6. briyam

briyam Member

but i can only use iso files with decrypter to burn right?

7. flip218

Only if the ISO's are smaller than 4GB's.

8. briyam

briyam Member

ok so how do i get video ts files on disk?

9. flip218

10. flip218

Hey everybody,

For those who are still having problem with dvd cloner 2. Some faq's:

Users running windows 98 or ME: You can only use v2.20
    Users running windows 2000 or XP: Use v2.30 (I'm still using v2.20)

Check your burners compatiblity with dvd cloner 2:
    http://www.dvd-cloner.com/burn.html

Also make sure your burners firmware is up to date, and update your aspi layer: http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/

11. sparker

sparker Member

Flip218
    The advice you give is really top notch. Never give up! DVD Clonerll gave me some problems, but every computer has a differnt personality. Never, I mean NEVER let a machine get the best of you. But for humans thay would not be in existence. NEVER give up.

12. brian100

brian100 Guest

13. briyam

briyam Member

just want to let everyone know that my dvd cloner 2 program is now up and running. i finally made the upgrade from millenium to xp. i have burned 4 disk without any problem. thanks for all the help and support.

14. Deeman

Deeman Guest

I think that may be my problem also (Windows ME). If I need an upgrade it will have to wait a little while. I'm happy using other software anyway for right now.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

For anyone thinking about purchasing DVD Cloner, here is a must read. Some people and their money are quickly parted. Here is the URL:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70436&highlight=DVDCLONER
    After reading this, anyone that buys DVD Cloner or sings it praises should ask themselves some serious questions. Go to this thread for opinions.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/92001

Why buy DVDCloner when DVD Shrink is free? If you checked out the URLs above, you would know the connection and the answer.

16. briyam

briyam Member

yeah i am trying to get my refund for it now that it works. but why pay when the others work just fine

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Right.
    And since dvd cloner is just running a hidden version or DVD Shrink, why pay for DVD Shrink in a hidden package when you can get the real thing for free? The only difference is in some control function. What one enters into the DVD Cloner control is just keypad interpretations for the Shrink program. (Open the URLs and read) What do you think those screen flickers are behind the cloner window? Those are DVD Shrink windows flickering.

18. curious3

curious3 Guest

LOVE DVD Cloner II. It works perfectly for me. Have backed up 15 of our DVD's (so the kids don't scratch up the originals)in the last two weeks. Can't brag enough about the software. Easy to use and I get exact copies of most of the DVD's we own. Disney DVD's seems to be the hardest and I get "movie only" copies. Only other downside is the time it takes to copy - usually 1 1/2 hour per DVD not the 1 hour claim that the website states.

We have grandchildren that like to put the movies in the DVD - which has destroyed several disks - and DVD Cloner II has been a godsend to us. When you pay $19.99 for a DVD and it's destroyed the first time a grandchild grabs it, DVD Cloner II pays for itself. No more stress. No more worry.

Buy it, use it to backup copywrite protected DVD's for personal use - it's worth the price!!!!!

I did mess up a couple of DVD-R's until I learned how to configure the software - but it's not that hard. Almost idiot proof unless you're an old grandpa like me.

19. na_tra

na_tra Member

Hi all:

I am trying the DVD Cloner 2 v2.32. There was no error message while it was copying the whole 140 minutes DVD moive. I chose the mode: "Fit in 1 Disc and Movie Only." However, when I watched to copy disc, it only showed half of the movie. Un-install and re-install many times, still the same result. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks

D

20. brobear

brobear Guest

[bold]People just love to give their money away.[/bold] Guess you folks singing the praises of Cloner didn't read the links and the earlier part of this thread. If you like cloner, then in effect you like DVD Shrink. Why pay for one when the other is free. Shrink was just upgraded to version 3.2 and is a modernized program. Some people and their money are easily parted. The money spent could have been more wisely used for more movies and media to back them up.