1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD cloning for personal use only!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stevedvd, Mar 9, 2005.

1. stevedvd

stevedvd Member

Hi folks, Im new to this site and might I add that its one cool site!
    What a world of acronyms in which we live in. LOL. Anyway I hope this post has found its way to the right category.
    I was wondering IF it is possible to copy a commercial dvd using a dvd burner and nero express 6 software? Is there something that needs to be in place to bypass "macrovision"?

Also can DVD be copied to a common vhs tape?

I look forward to any reply by those who are "experts" in this technical challenge.

Thanks

Very informative site!

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You're going to need a bit more than your nero software. Lucky for you the programs that you'll need are freeware.
    DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.
    Here's a little site to learn how to use them....
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

3. colw

colw Active member

Hi - you really need to get out more.

Yes - it is possible to copy/backup commercial DVD's.

I would suggest starting with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free and available by clicking on the Software tab at the top of this page). Nero can be used for burning.

Guides for both programs are also available by clicking on the Guides tab at the top of this page.

It is also possible to copy a DVD to vhs tape but you will need appropiate video card and appropriate software to circumvent Marcovision.

You obviously have a bit of reading and homework to do but if you persist all will be revealed.

Many guides, software and useful information available through this site.

Spend a week or two learning and exploring and you will be right to go.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

colw,
    looks like we both clicked reply at the same time....lol

5. colw

colw Active member

Just about in synch - you beat me by a whisker.

I learnt by doing a lot of reading and exploring on this site - hope stevedvd does the same.

Have very seldom had a bad burn and the few that have happened have been due to faulty disk or operator malfunction (the interface between the chair and the keyboard).

You do a great job in helping new members - LOL

6. stevedvd

stevedvd Member

Wow this has to be the fastest turnover site around! LOL Unless ive missed something or I placed this post in the wrong section or even worse GOT BOOTED! LOL I couldnt find it! LOL

Well anyway thankx for the follow ups and yes I have lots to read up on to be knowledgable to all the things we want in a DIGITAL world!

I guess theres lots of you that are well advanced but once upon a time you may have been at where im at now.

Ill have to get out the reading glasses and put all things aside and get dvd enhanced.

Thankx folks for the help so far! I hope I dont seem to far behind other newbies!

7. polesel31

polesel31 Guest

AHAHA COLW u make me laugh u tell this guy he needs to get out more to learn things about computers...lol...