1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Collection Library

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AZmclint, Mar 5, 2007.

1. AZmclint

AZmclint Guest

Now that my DVD collection is growing I would like to make a catalog of everything I have. Can anyone recomend a good program that will enable me to keep track of all my DVD's? Hpefully one that might enable me to enter all the info but let me print only the fields I want.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

microsoft office excell will do what you are wanting

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

DVDProfiler link HERE is a truly awesome program. It will catalog everything for you it can be output to excel or many other formats, it also provides you a weblink to your collection, it provides very detailed info about your movies with pictures and everything, and all you have to do is enter part of the title or the UPC code or it will just read your DVD from your drive. It is also free! :) Very nice program.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  4. 2colors

2colors Guest

I've been using Movie Collector http://www.collectorz.com/movie/ for about 8 months. Yeah it's a pay program but it does all the work . Just type in your movie name and it will search online for all the info and put it in your collection even with the front & back of the dvd cover. Over the years our collection is up to around 1700 dvd's. I've got a spare room that looks like a video store. All in full size cases on racks arranged A-Z, the order the program puts them in. My wife is disabled so we watch alot of movies.

5. rmcgo

rmcgo Member

I just started using dvdspot. It's free, you just type in the UPC code or the name of the movie. If the movie isn't there, it lets you add it. It also lets you create filters so you can sort your collection by movie type, etc.

Pretty good site for free.

http://www.dvdspot.com

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@rmcgo,
    I used to use that proggy a while back but it is limited in the features it provides compared to DVD Profiler. Unless thay have upgraded they didn't give a website for my collection which is nice because I can look at my collect from any computer anywhere and I couldn't export in different formats like I can with DVD profiler. Other than that they were basically the same program. DVD Profiler is free, but I believe it has a limit of like 1,000 DVDs. You can purchase it for unlimited amount, but you might as well try it for free first to see if you like it. I have well over 1,000 DVDs so I had to pay for it. I paid for it a long time ago anyway because I did like it so much I wanted to support them :)

Here is a link to an example of my movies http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/bbmayo

7. rmcgo

rmcgo Member

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah so they are pretty much the same now, except DVD Profiler is still free :)

10. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I use a combo of Ant Movie Catalog (cataloguing, automatically importing movie info, exporting to various formats/layouts, tracking) and DVDSpot (hosting collection online, tracking, importing info). DVD Profiler is a combination of both.