1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD collection to External HDD+Media Center+Burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zakkubin, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zakkubin

zakkubin Member

Hi I was wondering what the latest advise would be on my situation that is probably the same as many others.

Goal #1- I want to burn my dvd collection to an external hard. (only movie to save space)

Goal #2- I would like my movies to show up/play in Windows Media Center

So far the only way I have found to watch my movies on my pc is burning them to .iso, then using Daemon to mount the image, and play using VLC.

Goal #3 I would like to back up my old movies that are beginning to scratch to dvd for rooms that are not connected to my media center pc.

I have read the guides on here and have had great success. (except with watching them in media center) I just want to make sure I do this with the best tools, and least amount of steps before I begin. Plus this is a really cool setup that maybe others are wondering about.

My process as it stands is:
    dvd decrypter to rip. dvd shrink then IMGBurn.

Should I consider purchasing an all in one program?

Thanks for any help.

2. zakkubin

zakkubin Member

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930526
    Apparently you have to edit the registry of WMC.

Now I have a new problem. This works but only on movies stored on the pc. My movies will be on an external drive. Any tricks to force Media Center to "watch" an External drive?

Thanks