1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Compatible Wii List

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by KidJayGo, Jul 1, 2007.

1. KidJayGo

KidJayGo Member

Hay whatup everybody...
    I would like to know and the prople in afterdawn would like to know what is the DVD Compatible For The Wii backups?

Is Any Brand GOOD For Making a Wii Backup
    TDK DVD+R 1X-16X GOOD or BAD?
    SONY DVD+R 1X-16X GOOD or BAD?

2. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

This is a not bad thread. There is info about this scattered about but I don't think it has been organized into a proper thread yet.

Personally, I use Maxell 16x DVD-R and they have worked fine. I have also used a brand called Spin-X (Really it's Prodisc F02) and have not had problems with that either.

I've heard that Tayo Youden is the best kind of media for the wii. Anyone else used anything other than this w/ success?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The reason why there is no official thread on what media to use for Wii backups is that Wii systems are very picky and every Wii system can vary at what media will work best on it.

Just because one brand of media will work well on 1 Wii system doesn't mean the same media would perform the same when played on another Wii.

So there is no reason to start an official media thread for Wii systems since there is really no standard of media that work for all Wii's.

4. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

How about a link to a poll of what media has worked the best? o.0

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have never seen a poll with this information. But as I said the media is all over the place when figuring out what works with what Wii System.

Verbatim or Tayio Yuden would be a good start since they tend to have a longer life span.

But there is no way to guarantee someone 100% that the media you suggest will work on their Wii System.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

and the problem you get with discs are that a lot are rebranded so you dont always get a true picture anyways