1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD Compiling with intros

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ONIBABA, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

Hi guys and gals out there in DvD land. Was wondering if any of you wonderful and generous people that could point me in the right direction here? I know how to make a DvD of many short clips of DvD's but I'm looking for some way of making an slight introduction prior to the clip being showed. I have DvD Labs Pro but I cannot work out if this will do the job. I want something similar to Windows Movie maker but in DvD format. I don't want to lose any quality. Can you help?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Shoot the intro video with a digital camcamcorder.
    Import the video.
    Add it to your project.

I don't use DVD Lab Pro but if Lab Pro doesn't take the video directly, import the video into another program and convert to mpeg2 or make it DVD compliant. There are many programs that'll do this, e.g. Nerovision Express/TMPGEnc Author, etc. You could do this entire project in TMPGEnc DVD Author or Nerovision, including using the imported video from the camcorder.

3. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I have made selected movie action slips from dvd's and I want to make one dvd with these on, but, i want to be able to put a small intro before each action clip onto the dvd so when you watch it .. it looks alike a dvd that just shows clip after clip after clip. I can make a windows movie with this idea but its takes and age and it isn't dvd quality

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I assume when you say intro, you mean a video of yourself explaining what is coming next, etc., similar to what one might find on the "extras" portion of a DVD. Is this what you want?

DVDs are simply specialized mpeg2 streams. Any video can be converted to mpeg2. It's just easier to start with digitized camcorder video instead of having to digitize analog camcorder video.

If you just want an audio intro without the video, that's easy enough as well. Again most somewhat advanced consumer level DVD authoring software can do this pretty easily. If you're just doing audio, you can put up a still image and run it as the video coupled with the audio intro.

Adobe Premiere and similar prosumer level programs that have timeline-based authoring make this fairly easy to accomplish. Even the consumer-level Nerovision has timeline-based authoring.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Check out DVDReMake from Dimadsoft.

6. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

No .... I want to make a introduction prior to each clip with text, not from a a cam corder.

Example.... (Intro) "Hi this is my dvd of action movies ..." .. then CLIP ... (Intro) "Tom Cruise MIII" etc etc etc

7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What software do you have?

8. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

That's what i'm asking for ...something that can do that before i burn the dvd

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You've found it then. You also have the option to eliminate trailers and/or jump to the menu when using AnyDVD.

10. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

It must be me .... or somthing but I'm still not getting through. Has anyone used windows movie maker? In this program u can input a movie file and then you can create a introduction anywhere within the program, with fade in fade out text, special effects etc. But, when you save it it has to be in a format that loses dvd quality. ANyone not understand this. I'm trying my best. If in doubt, try windows movie maker and you will understand what I mean. Thank for your time

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This is why I asked you what software do you have. You may have something on your pc already. Do you have Nero full or OEM?

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

As I mentioned for the editing and reauthoring you may want to try the DVDReMake. Other than that, use the DVD Lab Pro you already have. If you've not used the Lab Pro, you'll find it has a bit of a learning curve involved. At least it was more than I wanted to deal with. Remake is easier and why more beginners use it. Another program you may want to check out is Sony's DVD Architect. Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum

14. DJackhole

DJackhole Member

DVDlab Pro can do this on its own if you put the text as a separate menu. Then have it timeout after 5 seconds(or how long you want it to), and have it force activate a hidden button that jumps straight to the video clip that is being introduced. I haven't done exactly what you're doing but I understand the functions of DLP enough that it should work. It's not easy but it can be done.

An easier way would be to use a timeline editor like Mpeg Video Wizard or Wax to create the intro clip separately as video. Then you can import this video clip into dvdlab pro and put it into a separate movie that will link straight to the video clip.

15. DJackhole

DJackhole Member

Regarding my post above, in dvdlab pro...instead of force activating hidden button, you can just have the end link of the menu go straight to the video clip.

16. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

I have Nero Premium 7

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

If you have a photo program, you can make 720 x480 sitlls and use them with your videos in Nero. You can then add fades and other effects.

18. ONIBABA

ONIBABA Member

19. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Nero Vision

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you don't have the guides included with the software, Nero has a complete set on the website.