1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Compression/Shrink Software Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by noy2014, Jun 11, 2007.

1. noy2014

noy2014 Guest

I know that there are plenty of DVD compression softwares out there. I've used CloneDVD2 and Amazon's DVD Shrinker. I noticed DVD Shrinker did a better job of compression, by creating less distortion and coming closer to the custom target disc size.

I am actually merging two full length movies into one file, then compressing them to fit on 8.5MB disc. My question is, are their any softwares out that are notoriously popular for superior quality? Or are they all the same?

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

DVD ReBuilder Re-Encodes instead of merely Trans-Coding. For higher compression it should work better.

3. aqaz69

aqaz69 Member

I just know that DVD Shrink gives me dvd quality, doesn't seem to lack anything. Plus its free and simple to use!

4. Suba

Suba Regular member

DVD Shrink is a good product, but anything more than 85% of original file is not so grate, plus you loose all the menus. DVD Rebuilder is way to go for higher compression with build in HC encoder works wery well.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Not to nitpick too much but there's no such thing as DVD quality. If it's put on a DVD it's DVD quality.