1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Conversion Files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wantoknow, Apr 24, 2007.

1. wantoknow

wantoknow Member

How do I burn AVI files to work on my DVD Player, and what is the Best software to use without downloading alot of "on the fly" programs?

2. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Well for the best everyone here would say Nero. Nero is a really good program with alot of options.I also like to use ConvertXToDVD it doesnt have all the features like nero but does the job when Nero wont Burn some AVI file. Your choice. There is also TMPGEnc but i havent tried that program yet so dont know about it much. Once you have one of these programs just load the file to it and convert it to dvd files. Both programs also will burn the files to a DVD once they are done converting. Well hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

I would like to know what Nero does/have, that ConvertXtoDVD doesn't.

I never used Nero Recode (I think it's called) so I can't compare.

Feel free to also send the list to claire @ vso-software.fr, I'm sure VSO would love to know what other features users would like to see in upcoming versions.

Thank you !

4. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Well thats easy Nero has more features to customize your dvd. Animated menus. you can also put a sound track on your menu. different windows tile for your movied if putting more than one on a dvd I.E episodes and such. A bunch of stuff. I like convertx too it has some features that nero doesnt like picking audio tracks for dual langauge avi's. But for makin a truly customizeable dvd nero has that option convertx doesnt.

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hey,

Based on what you said, when ConvertXtoDVD v3.00 comes out (in 2007 sometimes), with a brand new Enhanced Menu Maker, and maybe a chapter window (with a picture) would make ConvertXtoDVD better than Nero Recode ! ?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007