1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copier on Microsoft Vista

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by spinedoc, Mar 12, 2007.

1. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

I am new to copying DVD's since the "enccryptions" started. I use to use DVD copy about 4 years ago and had no problem copying all of my kids movies, but now I can't find a program that will record the movies. Is there any program that I can use that will be easy to use and that will record any movie that I may want to record?

Gary

2. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

3. onya

onya Guest

Use this LINK for free (mostly) software and guides on how to use them. Try the fourth "button" down" it's an all freeware combo. Have fun.

4. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

Thank you.....I burnt one DVD but it seems to freeze frame a lot...any idea how to fix that?

5. onya

onya Guest

You haven't mentioned the software your using, so theres not much to go on. Generally speaking, poor media quality is one culprit and the other is high burning speeds. Burn at half the rated speed of the media you're using and there should be an improvement. 4X or 8X max.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Poor media is the culprit of most freezing, pixelations, skipping and such! Rule to live by: use only MIJs (made in Japan) disks. those are the ones that are most recognized by burners and thus makes them the best to use. Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, and others that are made in Japan. Look for the MIJ on the label of the box or the spindle before you buy! or just buy Verbatim...... top quality media and the only exception to the rule for they are made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only Non MIJ that I let close to my burners! Using better media is the first giant step in burning!