1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copies keeps sticking

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by neil16377, Jan 5, 2005.

1. neil16377

neil16377 Member

please someone help.....i,m having trouble burning dvd,s ive now tried two different burners in phillips and lite-on +- ,ive also tried 5 different dvd media , still with little luck out of about 200 disks i must have had 7 that play through without sticking , first i decrypt the dvd using dvd decrypter and put it in a folder on my HD then i open nero 6 then go to dvd video , then drag the movie to video ts then burn,ive tried buring at 2* and 4*.please someone help me ...

2. hursty

hursty Active member

why dont you try decrypting it with shrink,then burning it with dvd decypter.keep speed to x2.
    (to burn with decrypter whilst using shrink,you must disable nero in srink preferences).
    regards hursty.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

Perhaps you could list the media you have been using just to see what it is. Your problem sounds like a media issue.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey neil, those larger movies you are ripping with dvd decrypter,you still have to use dvd shrink to compress the dvd's to make them fit on a standard 4.5 gig disc.Actually,4.3 and 4.4 gigs on the target disc is recommended.

The smaller dvd's you can use dvd decrypter only.

You've got the nero, just download dvd shrink for free. Go through the many guides throughout all the forum rooms and guide tab. Dvd shrink will automatically burn with nero or dvd decrypter,just double check the preferences under the edit tab on shrink.Especially-enable burn with nero box on the I/o tab and target size on the preferences tab to 4300 to 4400 mbs.This will keep it from burning the edge of the discs.

It's an easy process,insert original,open up shrink,reauthor or whole dvd,backup,double check all these backup settings,ok -process starts,spits out original,insert empty and that is all she wrote.

High quality media and a sensible 4x burn speed is a must,especially till you get the process down.

Good luck

5. neil16377

neil16377 Member

thanks all for replying,i understand what your saying with dvd shrink ,ive used it before , still the dvd,s keeps sticking, ive had a few copies off a mate recently which i have watched with no problems at all,.but when i copy them ,i always get the same outcome the copy sticks in a few places wasting 30% of the movie, ive also tries dvdx copy and still they stick at some stage of the movie , saying this ive had some that do play through , but 99% of them stick.
    regarding the question about media ..ive tried .bulkpack + &- / packard bell / datasafe ,,cheers for all your help

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Sounds like media to me. I use nothing but Ritek G04 -R's, have no problems whatsoever. I also use Memorex and Verbatim +RW's with good luck.

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You first have to figure out if the problem is with DVD Shrink (maybe you run programs in the background while encoding) or the media (if you use Princo or Kypermedia, you have no one to blame but yourself). If you have a PC DVD player, play the movie from the hard drive particularly on those areas you say freezes. If the ripped files on your hard drive freeze, then you know it's not the media.

8. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I have an AMD 1 Ghz PC (256Mb only) with the LG4040B (4x) DVD Burner.

I was using no name brand 2x DVD-R and everthing was cool.

When I bought 4x media, (Even with Ritek G04) the movies would freeze and skip alot near the end of the movie.

Burning any kind of media to 2x solved *MY* problem.

An other thing I have read here, that I have not tryed yet, is if you use DVDShrink, set your destination size to 4300 Mb instead of 4465 (Default anyway).

I just bought a new Dell Dimension 8400 (Still on the truck heading my way).

When I get the new PC, I might try burning at 4x and setting the size to 4300, and see if this works !
    My new DVD Burner is a 16x so I assume it will be the Sony since it's a Dell PC.

But I will rather be patient, burn at 2x and get great dvd backups.