1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copies viewing actual copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gerard514, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I was wondering if i make a backup of a dvd and i have anydvd running, will it take out the previews on the burned copy disc therefore not being the exact copy. For instance i believe but im not sure i thought that the dts scene came up in the begining of a movie but when i burn the same movie could that scene be taking out because its set to just jump to the movie on anydvd? Or is that just for when you are playing on your computer. Same thing goes for previews

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Any dvd does not have the ability to edit a dvd. It removes encryption and region codes and thats about it. It has no way of doing anything to the dvd structure without the help of another program.

Jerry

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

AnyDVD can eddit out adverts or trailers when you run the program. To see if it is selected open up AnyDVD and on the DVD Tab under navigation see if the box is checked "Remove annoying adverts or trailers"

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I haven't looked at those settings in over a year. You are right. I don't remember if the first version I ever installed had that or not since its been that long. Guess I learned something new today. I'll keep it unchecked since I edit with Clone.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  5. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

Yes when you run the program but do you think it will affect the way it is burned also, for example editing out the adverts and trailers as well when it is burned therefor when you watch the burned dvd you wont have the adverts and trailers.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats what it is saying that it will remove them. If it works they won't be on the backup copy. I have never tried that setting and sort of wonder if Anydvd might accidently remove something important by mistake. I have complete faith in Anydvd as a decrypter but kind of worry about that part. I'll still edit mine my way within Clonedvd2 program.

Jerry

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Myself i havent used that option on AnyDVD. I uasly edit that stuff out in DVDShrink or Recode2 which I manily use Recode2 now. All I can say is try using it for yourself and see what the program actully does in each instence.