1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD COPY 2 Users...Somethings up......

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by advidg, Mar 1, 2005.

1. advidg

advidg Member

Ok. So I've been using dvd copy 2 for most of my back-up needs. Somthing strange has been happening. Things where just fine. Perfect copys. I installed some games and some other software. Now, I get the white blocks...everywhere. Also, My PowerDvd 5 gets a blocked out screen with audio only. This happend before too. After a format reinstall...everything is great and working again.

Getting the picture, here?
    The Issues people have been having could be a software conflict flaw....but most likely..... I think It's Intentional. ACTIVE Copyright protection software written to harddisk without your knowledge or control.

I've hunted for this over the web to find bits and pieces...but no conections like mine. I did find that game software loads on sneeky stuff that screwing with other software, and that does NOT uninstall with the game uninstall. There are special tools you need to get them off.

I plan to narrow down to the software that causes this on my next F/R (Format/reinstall). I though It might be the Microsoft and other updates. It's not.

If true....This is worse than any hack/spy stuff. This is TRUSTED software you paid money for...fusking around on your gear! This will severly PISS ME OFF! What You or I have on our computers and what we chose to do with it is OUR busines and NO ONE ELSES!

HULK.... SMASH! (...them)

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Have you tried defragging? Or if you run Norton, deleting protected files?

3. advidg

advidg Member

You don't understand, sir. These programs worked FINE before the installs. Now, nothing short of F/R will fix these issues. Belive me...I tryed everything (reinstalling video drivers too). This stuff is installed deep... there are just no detectors that I know of that could hunt and kill them. I will scan the cd disks for copy protection programs.
    After I installed, Something CHANGED..... big time. And It seems targeted at installed DVD software. It's just weird that it went after those only...could be a flaw...or...

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Hmmmmm....I think I"m begining to understand your problem now......

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Did you try rewinding your DVDs?

You also might try setting them on a lawnmower blade balancing tool. If they tilt to one side, that's where the trace device is located.

Have you checked out the thread "blockbuster trace chip"?

6. advidg

advidg Member

Sadsac,

Yea, your right. I was a fool for coming here...

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

What did I say?

8. budberner

budberner Guest

advidg

I was told by hp tech support that third party burn software will affect drivers and the like. I don't know if I totally believe it,but it is common knowledge that some software conflict with one another and could be the problem. I have a recovery partition and reformat every 30 days or so. I try alot of freeware and don't worry too much about viruses, even though I have all the protections. It is a bitch to unlock paid for softwares,but I have an external hd200gb for anything saved and don't mind cleaning everthing out.As far as third party burnware issues I think they are instructed to tell you "don't make dvd copies or you can't" just like when I bought a dvd recorder. I wouldn't put it past them to jack with anything It seems the manufacturers cater to the movie industry. More than likely a simple software conflict

9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

No doubt there are software conflicts, etc., out in the conmputer world. But, having said that, it seems that the vast majority of users have little if any problem. One should not let paranonia raise its many faced head.

10. jewthedad

jewthedad Guest

First of all you should change to FAB Express,Gold or Platinium. These Will solve your problem. Ok back to the original issue Have you tried doing a firmware upgrade to you dvd drives if not do so. Also you can get this program to look for realy imbedded malware. Spyware Xterminator Extreme. I hope this does you some good.

11. advidg

advidg Member

Ha! After F/R Everything works great!
    PowerDVD 5 and just ripped and burned "Cube:Zero"...Flawless copy I might add.

Budberner,
    You seem to be the only one taking this seriously. Thanks.
    "...have an external hd200gb..." Warning! I lost 5 years worth of Internet videos when one day my 160GB..just got curupt. No warning. Nothing. If you have things unreplaceable on this drive...back them up elsewhere. On DVD or CD-Rs just don't rely solely on the external.

I've used PowerDVD 5 ver.cracked for years with Not one issue. I BOUGHT and installed 'Need for Speed-Underground' and 'Street and Trips 2004' and all of the sudden...I got a large black box ontop the video when I play any Dvd (you can still see it playing on the edges)with full audio.

Strange?
    Ok...fine.
    later I get 'DVD Copy 2'
    Installed and worked like the bomb it is!..until

I don't remembered what I installed bu I did install when I started getting the 'white blocks' on all my Dvd copys. Did everything I could. even e-mailed the company (they had no Ideal). Did a F/R and everythings fine..like now with all my normal software loaded.

I'll just start installing games and apps. one by one and see what happens...

Even If it's a conflict...wouldn't be nice to have a list of software that will jack with it?

Bilbo65,
    That's simplely not true. I've seen it on many boards. And It's not just with Dvd Copy 2 either. Paranonia? I guess all those years of FBI warnings (...since 1983 for me Ah...LaserDiscs!)are catching up with me! Ha!

Jewthedad,
    Thanks for the heads-up. Never heard of it. I'll look into it. But, I already spent my $50 bucks and nothings wrong with Dvd Copy 2. I've got a 300 disc case full of good copys. That should speak for it's self.

But, This may be all for not......

Soon to release-
    Macrovision's "RipGuard" DVD will stop 97 percent of DVD rippers by crash them using the 'Universal Disk Format' to prevent the file from being ripped to the hard drive before it can be copied.

Copy hard and copy fast, sir! (I trust a crack will come soon, though!)

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Thanks for your insight and glad you have/are resolving your conflicts.

13. jewthedad

jewthedad Guest

if you do not want to lose all your HD info you need to go here [REMOVED] They do have trial versions most are fully functional. In my opinion this is the best backup software i have ever used to recover from a complete system failure and I have over 2 tarabytes to backup on my network.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2005
  14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ jewthedad

- Your post is off topic

- Advertising isn't allowed in the forums.

- No multiposting.

Let's have a look at the forum rules before posting again.