1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copy does not want to play

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by KlaasVakie, Mar 28, 2012.

1. KlaasVakie

KlaasVakie Member

I used DVD Shrink to copy a DVD (region 2) to a DVD choosing Region 2. (I also tried Region free) Now the DVD player says it cannot play this type of DVD. Is there a setting that I have overlooked/not chosen that would solve the problem?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Or... AnyDVD which can also make a region free DVD. Then you can use DVD shrink to compress and burn a 4.7 GB disk. Better yet is to burn a dual layer disk.

Like attar said DVD shrink is getting long in the tooth. DVDFab adopted the code from DVD shrink years ago.

Jeff
  5. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

nobody asks these pointed questions.. can you play it in your computer, and if so does the file structure look like the original dvd?

is it a +r or -r disk, and does your dvd player say it supports that type??.. questions questions.. answer those first and chances are you will find the answer to why your dvd player doesn't like this disk you have supposedly copied.

edited by ddp
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

How old is your DVD Player? And what is the brand name of your DVD-R or DVD+R?

I see you're using DVD Shrink, that means either its Img Burn (or old DVD Decrypter), or Nero to burn. All of them can easily "booktyped" any of your backup to DVD-ROM (this is the best DVD format no question ask).

This is the "main" reason why I always booktyped all of my copies to DVD-ROM and I use nothing but Verbatim, Sony and Maxell (Made In Japan). Kind of hard to find "MIJ" these days though.
  7. KlaasVakie

KlaasVakie Member

It was with regret that I have read this 'answer'. I tried this forum seeking intelligent answers after I have tried the obvious.If this kind of answer constitutes the the mean IQ of 'Senior members' the the value of Hb will have a field day! .
    I am sure now that I do not need this forum.
  8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ps355528, watch the uncalled for comments as was not needed!!
  9. KlaasVakie

KlaasVakie Member

Thank you Moderator!