1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copy for Asia

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigbilly, Apr 4, 2007.

1. bigbilly

bigbilly Member

If I make a copy of my friends Wedding DVD will his parients be able to watch it in Asia? I was wondering if the region code would come into play. I will be copping it on a -R disc.
    Thanks Bill

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can easily make the disk region free just by ripping it to your hard drive. What you really need to be concerned with is the video format. If you are in the U.S. for example the video format would be NTSC and ASIA I believe is in PAL format (depends on country)

3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

I think VobBlanker will convert to PAL/NTSC. I have never done it, so I suggest you do a searh one PAL/NTSC conversion. I don't think it matters what type of disk you use as long as it is a good quality disc (Verbatim) Maybe if you made 2 copies 1 in NTSC and 1 in PAL. I hope this helps.

4. usndoc

usndoc Member

Which countries use PAL and which use NTSC is confusing for Asia. Japan South Korea, Phillipines, maybe Taiway (and strangely Burma.. evidently to keep people from watching TV from neighboring countries) use NTSC, Vietnam uses both. You can find a map at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Region codes are only an issue with commercial DVDs. If NTSC-PAL conversion is needed ConvertXtoDVD and Nero Vision can handle the task. If just doing this once I'd suggest the Nero trial if you don't already own Nero 7. The Nero trial is full function and doesn't mark the video output as the ConvertXtoDVD does.

6. semid13

semid13 Regular member

I don't think that either PAL or NTSC format is a problem in Asian countries. Most of the players sold here are mostly multi format & multi region. Unlike the old days when we have to note the format & region before buying any DVD. I am from Singapore.