1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copy Gold

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by evoke, Mar 9, 2004.

1. evoke

evoke Member

has anyone use DVD copy Gold.Every time i rip a DVD on to the computer the image when playing it back is not as good as playing it of the DVD.This is when i put it on full screen.There is no problem when it is in a smaller screen.
    The image is made up of little boxes.how can i make the video smoother

Will this be the same image if i load it on to a DVD+r or DVD+rw.

can anyone help or does this happen to every computer when you put it on full screen?????

2. movie_777

movie_777 Member

If I'm not mistaken what you are experiencing is pixelation. This is a problem when you try to compress too much data into little space. This happened to me when I tried to back up the matrix which was close to 8GB into the 4.35GB available on a DVD+R. You have to strip the DVD from the menu and just back up the movie or strip other things like the extra audio and subtittle so that the movie will not be overcompressed.

Hope this helps.

3. evoke

evoke Member

yes thanks for helping.Do you know how to speed up the backing.what should i change in the software?

it takes nearly 3 hours to record a movie on to the computer

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

evoke,

It takes me about 45 minutes BUT look at my computer !!

Everything is based on what you're working with -

To keep your quality up you could use the basic DVD XCopy which will back your DVD up to 2 discs :-(

As has been suggested, you could use DVD Shrink, read the guides, go to re-Author and strip everything off your DVD EXCEPT the main movie and your 5:1 and ACS 2 audio - that will allow you to backup your DVD to a single DVD and have your best Video image too :)

Pete

5. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Hi,

I had the same problem with speed when I began backing up my DVDs. Maybe you have the same problem.

I read and copy the image to the HD and then proceeded to write the image to my new DVD. The problem was that the reading process would take me 1 hour and the writing process would take close to another hour. I mean it was ridiculous.

Well, I found that Windows XP was not able to configure my chipset correctly such that the transfer mode for my HD, CD-ROM, and DVD-RW was set to PIO (3.3 MBps) mode. If you have this problem then you need to go to Intel's website and run Intel's Application Accelerator which should set your drives to work with the maximum data transfer mode that they and your motherboard allow.

Once I did that my CD-ROM and DVD-RW are running in DMA Mode 2 (33.3 MBps) and my HDs are running in DMA Mode 4 and 5 (100 MBps). Now I can backup a DVD in less than 30 minutes or so.

The easiest way to check which mode you are running is start-control panel-system-hardware-device manager-IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers-double click on Primary IDE Channel-Advance Settings and they should be set to DMA. If they are not then I bet this is what is causing the DVD back up process to be so slow. Also check the Secondary IDE channel to see what mode it is running. Your Primary channel are the hard drives and the Secondary channel are the DVD or CD ROMs.

Hope this helps.