1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copy plus audio sync lag

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jkipfer, Mar 26, 2003.

1. jkipfer

jkipfer Member

This is my problem, using DVD Copy Plus software: The audio lags a full 1.5 seconds behind the video once I encode the .vob file to a mpg. However, if I only encode a small portion of the movie, the audio/video matches. This is not to say though, that when the entire movie is encoded, that the sync starts fine and then gradually degrades, in fact the opposite happens. I have followed all settings as per the tutorial and also tried all of 321 studio's knowledge base solutions with no improvement. Can anyone suggest any additional settings to change?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Dont use DVD COPY PLUS at all. Use DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc or CCE SP!! I recommend you create SVCD with DVD2SVCD and CCE SP but CCE SP is expensive so watch out!

3. jkipfer

jkipfer Member

If I read that correctly, CCE SP is indeed very expensive. The programs you recommended are free? I will check them out. Thank you.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

DVD2SVCD is free, TMPGEnc is free, they can be used with each other!!