1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD COPY PROTECTION

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by KIRKIETIM, Nov 25, 2002.

1. KIRKIETIM

KIRKIETIM Member

I HAVE BOUGHT SOME SILVERS DVD FROM MALAYSIA. THEY HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONALY PRODUCED TO DVD QUALITY IS SUPERB. THEY CAN BE COPIED FOR BACK UP USE ONLY OF COURSE! BUT NOW THEY ARE COMING COPY PROTECTED IS THERE A PROGRAMME OUT THERE THAT CAN BY PASS THE COPY PROTECTION. IT IS BENEFICIAL TO US ALL IF THERE IS ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP THEN I WILL DIVULGE THE WEB ADDRESS TO THOSE WHO WANT IT. CHEERS FOR THE HELP. BY THE WAY NO NEED TO RIP THESE THEY GO STRAIGHT ON TO 4.36 GIG DISCS. DISC TO DISC COPY. PLEASE HELP

2. forker

forker Member

They will be using the same copy protection as normal commercial DVD's, to be able to play on most players. Therefore, just use DVD Decrypter to rip the .iso file to your hard disc in ISO read mode, then burn the image in ISO write mode. There is an excellent guide on this website about how it can be easily done. Just go to the guides section and you will see it. Good luck.

3. KIRKIETIM

KIRKIETIM Member

CAN U SEND ME A LINK TO WHERE U DESCRIBED THERE WAS AN EXCELLENT FEATURE TELLING ME TO RIP THIS. DOING WHAT U TOLD ME DOES THAT ALLOW FOR AL THE EXTRAS IN AS WELL. DOES THIS JUST RIP OUT THE COPY PROTECTION. SORRY FOR BEING A LAME ASS MATE. CHEERS KIRKIETIM

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

KIRKIETIM,

If you have a DVD which is less than 4.7Gb (but encrypted) this is not a problem at all. This is called a DVD-5 type disc (the other type is a DVD-9 type and is 9.4Gb).

Use Smartripper to get rid of the copy protection. This can be downloaded from :-

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/

Good Luck.

homerJ

5. KIRKIETIM

KIRKIETIM Member

WELL DONE LADS SUCESSFULLY COMPLETED GETTING RID OF THE COPY RITE. IF U WONT THE WEB ADDRESS OF THIS SITE ITS FANTASTIC. ALL DVDS BEFORE THEY HIT THE SHOPS. AND 5.1 DOLBY AND THEY ARE ALL UNDER 4.3 GIG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2002
  6. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

KIRKIETIM,

well done, but no Emails please.

HomerJ