1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copy starts jerking around near end of movie

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by stoffies, Jan 17, 2004.

1. stoffies

stoffies Member

Operating System: WinXP
    DVD Ripper: DVD Shrink
    Burning Software: Nero

Hi all,
    My DVD's copy perfect but when in playback on a dvd player it starts jerking around near the end of the movie and sometimes freezes. This forced me rip my movies to VCD's because my hard drive got full. Any Advice?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's either crap media, burning a file over 4.5 gig or both.

3. stoffies

stoffies Member

I used the following media
    Verbatim RW
    RiData RW

I used dvd shrink to remove unecessary stuff and make the file fit a 4.7G disc

4. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

I guess you knew but just in case, those 4.7G discs actually fit only 4.38GB or 4,464 MB.

Does the movie play back properly from the disc in the drive you burnt it in on your computer? If yes, and you use Verbatim media (which is usually good media), then you might have a poor dvd player, try if the disc works in another player. And try also using DVD+R or DVD-R instead of the DVDRW discs, usually DVDR discs work better on standalone players than DVDRW discs. On http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers you'll find a good combatibility list for dvd players, see what it says for your player.

If the discs don't work on your computer neither, then there's something wrong with your ripping/compressing and/or burning process.
    If that is the case review the guides on the top of the page to see if you have some settings incorrect. If that doesn't help, then we'll try to figure out your problem together.