1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copy Time using Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by vetdoc, Mar 11, 2007.

1. vetdoc

vetdoc Member

Hi

I just started using DVD shrink, was using DVD x copy platinum. My question is, the time it normally takes to copy a dvd image to the hard disc using shrink seems quite long, with analysing usually about 50-55 minutes, and then encoding about 25 minutes depending on the movie. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here or is this pretty typical time to copy the dvd image to the hard drive, before burining. I am using Nero to burn the DVD.
    Thanks
    Bruce

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

3. vetdoc

vetdoc Member

Thanks for the reply. Another question related to analysis, upon opening the disc Shrink does a quick analysis of the disc, take about 2 min, and then does another deeper analysis after starting back up before encoding. I noticed under quality settings you can uncheck the deeper analysis box and just have shrink go directly to encoding, do you recommend doing this, or will you lose quality on the backup.

Thanks

Bruce

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

No, if u do uncheck that depending on the Compression rate u will see a quality loss.

Normally i would recommend using the Deep analysis plus the AEC setting too.

edit
    i would recommend u to switch to nero recode becuz it is faster.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Keep the deep analysis checked, as 300bowler said quality will suffer.