1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copy works on computer not DVD player.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by g8torb8t, Apr 26, 2002.

1. g8torb8t

g8torb8t Member

I have the movie "Kingpin" on DVD. I copied it using SmartRipper and burned it to a blank DVD-RW using Nero 5.5.7.8. It plays with PowerDVD 4.0 on my computer, but doesn't work on my XBOX or Panasonic DVD RV-31 player. What gives? Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

2. reality

reality Guest

I have the same issue only I used DVD Decyrpter to rip the DVD. I'm also looking for the response. I'm sure it must have something to do with the encoding needed.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Normally, whatever you do -- VCD, DVD, SVCD -- you have to remember that PCs play virtually any crap you feed to them (whether it's valid or not), but DVD players require things to be done correctly.

For DVD-RW (hyphen, not plus) I've heard that leaving the disc open (== not finalizing it) causes the issue where stand-alone players don't recognize it.

Remember -- if your PowerDVD/WinDVD/etc plays it, it doesn't mean that you've done something actually right :) But if your DVD player plays it, you know that your process was successful.

4. yamurayi

yamurayi Member

Is it possible to get powerdvd to work after you have forgotten the parental control login and password?