1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mugen1223, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Mugen1223

Mugen1223 Member

Im new to copying dvds and I dont know the first thing to do...I've got some anime to copy and I dont have any software I have a dvd burner and software..All my files are .avi..Any help would be greatley appreshated thank you....

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use divxtodvd which is free and very good! then you will end up with vob/bup/ifo burn these in nero useing tab button ADD-Video which nero will make a folder for you called VIDEO_TS place all files inside and burn!

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Mugen1223, welcome to aD,

Here is a link for that proggy -

An important thing to learn when you begin backing up DVD's is to use a decent quality media.

Eliminating errors and going for the "Best burn" ~ Tips ~

When attempting to achieve the best burn, consider reducing that burn speed to the 4X level. Iffin you have a new 16X, DL burner, you'll probably do well at 6X. It is my feeling that 8X and over leads to occasional coasters, even when using top grade stuff such as Verbatim DataLife Plus media.

The second part of the solution is to always use a decent grade media. I suggest something like those discs made by Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Mitsubishi or RICOH. Unfortunately, they are also the discs most plagued by pirate Mfgrs. and for that reason I like dealing with Mertline, Supermediastore OR Newegg who have a great return policy on their products. I have had great luck with RiData and Verbatim DataLife Plus discs and their prices are extremely reasonable.[/b] As a passing note, when buying Verbatim's, they come with a lifetime warrantee. Return them with your sales slip OR register receipt and a new one will be shipped to replace it.

For the best online media stores to shop, try -

Mertline.com
    http://meritline.com/

Newegg.com
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0

And,

Supermediastore.com
    http://www.supermediastore.com/media1.html

Shopping around can prove worthwhile - Staples, as of this date, offered HP+R DVD's (LQQked them up in MediaMatch and they are made by Mitsubishi) for $18.00 per 50. Verbatim's were on sale for $22.00 for 100 a fortnight past – So you sea, quality isn't always expensive ~

Cheers,

Pete

As for software, Check the guides in my sig. For starters I would suggest using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter - Full Disc. All programs are free.

Using my guiides and the software - you should have your first good backup in about 1 1/2 hours.

Enjoy,

Pete

4. Mugen1223

Mugen1223 Member

Ohh, Ok thank you so mutch!.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Mugen1223,

You're welcome -

Come back anytime

~ Pete ~