1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bobs928, Apr 10, 2005.

1. bobs928

bobs928 Member

Hi to all
    I have been using shrink and decrypter since january to copy My DVD films
    but now all of a sudden the disc's i am trying to copy keep erroring out.this is not just my system but my work pals as well.have they changed the format or do i need to use something else. can anyone help.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

what kind of blank media are you using?

What does the error say and when do you get it? At the end of the burn? During ripping?

Which program is actually giving you errors?

3. bobs928

bobs928 Member

Hi
    Thanks for your reply
    I am using EMTEC dvd disc's
    Not sure about the error as i have forgot what it said as i got abit pissed off by then,but half way through reading the disc it just locks up. Never had this before and i have been able to copy alot of dvds.This dvd is a quite a new one it looks like they have put a good encryption on this DVD.
    I was wondering if there is an update for shrink or dvd decryptor
    or do you no of anything better out there to down load.
    Thanks again for your reply
    BObs

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I agree with Squizzle. Get the latest version. Shrink hasn't been updated in a long time since the writer stopped updating it. Use the newest decrypter, then use shrink on the decrypted files.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

or run anydvd in the background with shrink to rip the newer movies with the new encryption

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yes, AnyDVD works like a charm along with DVD Shrink. DVD Decrypter is great too, and it's free.

Also, I would recommend trying some different media, as I've never heard of EMTEC and they're probably pretty low quality stuff.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

my bruv bought me a 50-tub of 4x emtec at xmas. Used them all up in a snap. Anyway not a problem with any of them so far, burning or watching. I'd not come across them before, other than the badge next to the name looks like the BASF badge of old (who used to make cassettes when i were a nipper).. Just checked the media code of mine using dvdinfopro (free trial download - this version valid til 25/04/05) - code for mine is MAM4XG02. I'm still none the wiser about thrse discs other than mine are ok. (touch wood).

@bobs928 - what were you using to burn, Nero ?. if so can you post a section of your nero log, editing out serial number similar to 1A21. If not give us some more info and we'll try to get ya sorted.. (i think you're copying FROM emtec dvds if i read your posts correctly, but need more to go on)..