1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD copying, how do I ignore read errors?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Espara, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Espara

Espara Member

I'm making cop[ies of a cideo DVD I made. Home movies and such. Around the four minute mark on each of the discs I get a read error and the copy stops. The discs are pristene and it's really irking me.

I'm using Nero 6 and wnoticed that CD copying has an option to ignore read errors but DVD copying does not.

How do I set it to copy and ignore read errors, or do I just need to try another program?

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

I've heard that DVD FabDecrypter will not let down as much w/ errors, opposed to other software

3. Juhoman

Juhoman Regular member

I'm having the exact same problem.
    I have tried Nero, DVD Decrypter, DVDfab Decrypter but it would take years to complete the process. I have checked all the options to ignore read errors, but those doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

There's just some read errors at the beginning of the disk. I reviewed it with software dvd-player and it plays fine except for the couple minutes.

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I'm having the exact same problem ..... use nero 6 and 2-4 minutes into the burn (copying dvd to dvd) I get a read error and four new coasters.

It was a new copied disc and I made sure it was clean, there were very little scratches on it. I went so far as to order a new dvd burner to replace the rom to see it that helps. Waiting for it to come.

Doesn't anyone have a solution to this problem?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  5. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Wonderful ..... no one know how to solve this problem ....

6. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Well since no one offered any solutions to this problem I thought I would post mine ....

I purchased a new dvd burner and did the copy to copy no problems .... so it would appear the dvd rom I had was faulty to the extent were it would have read errors reading copies .... however all other fuctions worked properly.