1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copying

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by hector12, Apr 21, 2002.

1. hector12

hector12 Member

i have nero, and a triton external drive
    all i want to do is read a dvd to my hard
    drive then copy to disk, but am gettin this
    dvd is copyright protected how can i fix
    this problem, thanks

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

This is scary, scary stuff.

Using SmartRipper, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever ripping the dvd (any dvd) to your hard drive.

Is your triton a brand new model? If so, it *may* mean that the legal beagles in Hollywood (who have been heavily manipulating the US Senate as of late) have managed to force your Triton's manufacturer to incorporate some godawful copyright restrictions within it.

If so, the tip of the iceberg may have just arrived.

Hector12, please try to rip another dvd, and let us know if you were successful. I don't know what you're using right now for ripping software, but you can get SmartRipper right from this site.

(You've installed a dvd software player, right? Like Power DVD or WinDVD, right?)

-- KlingonAgent --

3. hector12

hector12 Member

ok i installed powerdvd now how do i get it to read my dvd movie to the hard drive thanks.

4. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

*Too Easy* !

Download SmartRipper from this site. Run it, and rip your dvd to the hard drive. Please read the ripping section here at AfterDawn. Honestly, ripping the dvd should be the easiest thing you can do.

Then you can get into the "other" stuff. It's that "dvd is copyright protected" stuff you mentioned that had me worried.

-- K. A. --