1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copying

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by leongill, Apr 17, 2004.

1. leongill

leongill Member

Getting a film onto one DVD.
    I am a begginer in terms of copying dvds and I have clone dvd 2.
    I am trying to backup pirates of the carribian.
    But have to put it onto two DVDs.
    is there any way of getting it onto one?
    Will the quality be affected.
    Please help.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

You need AnyDVD to use with CloneDVD2 to get past the CSS.

Get DVD Shrink - it'll compress it to fit on one disc and remove Macrovision, make it region free as well as break the CSS. Quality...I doubt you'll be able to tell it's a backup unless it has to compress the video so much you get pixelation, stops, pauses, etc. during playback. Use some RW discs first.

3. Braxas

Braxas Member

The other option would be to use DVD Decrypter (Free Tool) and rip the files to the hard drive first and load those files into CloneDVD2. I've found that using Kprobe after burning discs with CloneDVD2 results in a lot of write errors. I'm not sure why - if it's just my setup or what but for me Nero Recode 2 works wonderfully. DVD Shrink is also fine and that uses Nero or DVD Decrypter (You can save the file out as an ISO in the newer version of DVD Shrink and have it burn right off with DVD Decrypter) to do the actual burning depending if you're going with ISO format or just the straight IFO/VOB format. I haven't really been impressed by CloneDVD2 (well the actual program is good but the burning portion I don't trust..) or Intervideo's DVDCopy 2 or even DVD X-Copy Platinum. Nero Recode 2, Shrink and DVD Decrypter are impressive tools that work really well and act like they should every single time you use them.